Topics

Best of GR

• BladedFalcon - January 10, 2014 2:24 p.m.

...Why is Guilty gear Xrd - Sign- Not in here? That game is a bona fide, full fletched sequel to a fighting game, featuring a completely new engine, (And pretty fantastic graphics, with 3D Models that impressively look just as good and detailed as 2D hand drawn sprites.) and characters. As opposed to both BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma or Ultra Street Fighter IV, which both are more expansions of already existing games rather than proper sequels. Overall, i don't know if it's just that GG: Xrd -Sign- has just been terribly publicized, because it feels like most people just aren't aware of it. Which is a shame, because again, if there's one fighting game I'm excited for this year, it's that one. Seriously though, look at this and tell it doesn't look more new and exciting than BB:CP or USFIV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5pkaWp8Xso
  • taokaka - January 10, 2014 5:41 p.m.

I was just about to kick up a fuss about GGXrd not being on the list but it seems you've already done a far better job of it than I would have. The trailers for Xrd have been so much more exciting and hype inducing than Blazblue's trailers that it makes me wonder how it avoided the list in the first place.
  • otakudude303 - January 7, 2014 3:29 p.m.

Definitely looking forward to Witcher 3, and Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Enaid - December 30, 2013 3:38 p.m.

Thief Banished The Evil Within DARK SOULS: PREPARE TO DIE
  • ericthesmith - December 6, 2013 5:57 p.m.

No one's gonna say Mario Kart 8? Fine, I pick Mario Kart 8.
  • Mickster - December 6, 2013 4:12 a.m.

Fallout 4? ;-)
  • NullG7 - December 5, 2013 5:17 p.m.

I would chip in but the title picture for this article says it better than I ever could.
  • Darkhawk - December 5, 2013 1:55 p.m.

Despite the absurd pricing scheme, I cave to the power of Kojima.
  • Rezindez - December 5, 2013 12:32 p.m.

Persona 5, of course!
  • Vonter - December 5, 2013 11:55 a.m.

DKC:TF, Castlevania: LoS 2 just for completion sake (worst case scenario: It could actually have a good ending), MGS:V, Smash Bros, Bravely Default, Bayonetta 2, Grasshopper Manufacturer next game (they kind of making a game per year), oh and also Destiny (even though I will like it even more if it could have a Wii U version just for the IR controls). I'm hopeful for new IPs in 2014 making impact either from the Indie or AAA side, since there's seems a little barren in terms of new ideas.
  • sweetchiliheat - December 5, 2013 11:31 a.m.

Lords of Shadow 2 is probably my most anticipated title. I'm also looking forward to Lightning Returns, Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, FFXV, Dragon Age 3, and Titanfall. The Order looks promising as well
  • Rhymenocerous - December 5, 2013 11:16 a.m.

The Evil Within & Dark Souls 2.
  • Firepunch - December 5, 2013 10:28 a.m.

Dark Souls 2 and Bayonetta 2 and finally getting a Wii U
  • BryanCalabro - December 5, 2013 9:07 a.m.

COD not ported and made just for next gen systems.
  • michael-bennett - December 5, 2013 8:42 a.m.

It's between destiny, the division, watch dogs and dying light. If I had to pick one i reckon it'd be dying light, I have a soft spot for zombie games and this one looks awesome
  • supaMcnugget - December 5, 2013 7:22 a.m.

1. Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS 2. X by Monolith Soft 3. Deep Down 4. Final Fantasy XV 5. Driveclub 6. Destiny 7. Child of Light/Bravely Default
  • hardcoreretrogamer - December 5, 2013 7:13 a.m.

South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • dauntedhades - December 5, 2013 6:44 a.m.

Destiny because Destiny = Halo + Borderlands + Mass Effect.
  • DragonLord23 - December 5, 2013 6:41 a.m.

Watch Dogs and Destiny.
  • seanpwns - December 5, 2013 6:39 a.m.

Destiny
  • LordGodKing - December 5, 2013 6:17 a.m.

Definitely Titanfall and destiny. If destiny turns out like borderlands 2 that'd be cool!