Topics

Best of GR

• madog360 - January 10, 2014 5:22 p.m.

I've been going to this site for 3-4 years now and just made an account for the first time today. Why? Because you somehow put Uncharted as the 100th most important release of next year. Wow. Obviously everyone's entitles to their opinion. And I'm not saying it'll be game of the year (but with Naughty Dog anything is possible) but seriously? That's what you rank it? I can't even put into words how off that is. If this list is actually supposed to be ranked then that's just ridiculous
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2014 5:28 p.m.

We know virtually nothing about the game. there's zero to go on and thus little to be excited for. Furthermore, whereas something like the next call of duty feels certain that it's gonna come out this year even if you know nothing about it, there's really no guarantee Uncharted 4 will come out this year. Honestly, knowing naughty Dog's development cycle, it feels extremely unlikely, which is why I guess it's so low. I assure you, once actual facts and gameplay of the game comes out, it's probably going to climb up the list pretty darn high, but till then, cool off your jets son, because naughty Dog hasn't really given us anything solid to be excited for.
  • GOD - January 10, 2014 9:36 p.m.

To be fair though, Sunset Overdrive has also had nothing but a CG trailer and nothing else, and is just as likely to not release anytime this year but is much higher on the list. Even the unannounced in any way shape or form Zelda WiiU is higher somehow. It just seems odd to put that as 100 when it has at least been officially announced. The guessed release date is kinda irrelevant when half the list is labeled TBD. Would've been better if there were no numbers at all. If I actually pay attention to those numbers.... this list seems horrible to me. Also Smash Bros #1! (because I really hope it does come out this year)
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2014 10:13 p.m.

Sunset overdrive's trailer shows a much more clear idea of what the game is potentially about, and what to expect from it, Uncharted's does not. Yeah, Zelda Wii U is kinda baffling, but hey, it's Zelda, I'm not big at all on the franchise, but people seem to lose their shit over it more than most other franchises (including uncharted) which is why I'm guessing it's higher.
  • GOD - January 10, 2014 10:19 p.m.

My opinion aside, 2 out of 4 of the games ND has put out this generation won the GOTY award at GR. That's why this baffles me. My bigger point was just that it seems like the numbers shouldn't really be there. Like in some cases (especially the higher on the list) it seems like they tried to order them, but the bottom half just seems like games we know about that all just got thrown together in random order. For example Ground Zeros (the smaller prequel) is #6, but Phantom Pain (the main game) is thrown in at #95.
  • shawksta - January 10, 2014 11:20 p.m.

Because Phantom Pain is still a big question mark, everything we have seen was otherwise Ground Zeroes. or atleast thats what i think.
  • JustAnotherRogueAI - January 11, 2014 5:53 a.m.

Uncharted's low ranking surprised me too. The "There isn't enough information" argument is kind of thrown out the window by the fact that Bayonetta 2 is at number 12. Really, it's the fourth game in a series. It's going to play just like the last 3 Uncharteds, just better looking and with some flashy new features, and considering that GR rather enjoyed the last 3 games, I'd say that it's something to look forward to. Oh, and if you're worried about it not coming out in 2014, then why is Persona 5 at number 15?
  • Mr.YumYums - January 11, 2014 9:01 a.m.

I just wanted to comment to say that I love your name and avatar. **YumYums Out**
  • gopikmin - January 11, 2014 3:26 p.m.

Bayonetta 2 has had a couple demos since E3 at expos so Gamesradar staff have played it so they get the gist of it like Titanfall
  • bebl09 - January 12, 2014 5:21 p.m.

What about Halo? We literally have a CG trailer of Master Chief in a desert wearing a cloak and then some big floating thing. How is that enough to warrant being the 10th-most anticipated game while Uncharted is at 100? It's not as if we have solid information on Halo except for the fact that it's Halo and will be related to the previous Halo game.
  • death_nation - January 13, 2014 12:18 p.m.

You fucking idiot! What about The Last of US?? Fucking dumbass !You're the one thats not excited over and Naughty Dog's titles just shut the fuck up already!
  • BladedFalcon - January 13, 2014 12:20 p.m.

lolwut? That made no sense at all.
  • JustAnotherRogueAI - January 10, 2014 5:02 p.m.

I really hope that this list isn't meant to be taken in the specific order it's set up in, otherwise you just put Titanfall ahead of Persona 5, The Division, Watch Dogs, Infamous Second Son, and Destiny. Needless to say I find that absolutely ridiculous. The only thing I would add is the next Assassin's Creed, just as an assumption that they'll continue the pattern they've established. I suppose it would be nice if they skipped a year to spend more time on it, though.
  • benchesh - January 10, 2014 4:34 p.m.

I CANT BELIEVE THEY PUT TITAN FALL AT NUMBER ONE WELL GUESS WHAT FANBOTS THAT GAME IS MADE BY THE CALL OF DUTY PEOPLE AND MECHS HAVE BEEN DONE 10000X BEFORE AND BETTER SO WHO CARES ABOUT THE PANTA REI ENGINE
  • Darkhawk - January 10, 2014 4:16 p.m.

Last Guardian
  • Mr.YumYums - January 11, 2014 9:02 a.m.

Jus - just let it go man.. Nothing but tears and broken dreams now....
  • Darkhawk - January 12, 2014 6:54 p.m.

No, Mr. Yum Yums, No!
  • DesmaX - January 10, 2014 3:34 p.m.

I think this list is just missing The Witch and the Hundred Knight. Really want to play that one. But hey, lot's of great games this year. Looking forward to Titanfall and Xillia 2
  • SonicHunter - January 10, 2014 3:30 p.m.

What, no new Sonic game anticipation? I am dissapoint.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - January 10, 2014 3:32 p.m.

There isn't a Sonic game we know about, everything else was atleast confirmed
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2014 3:50 p.m.

That, and only the most hardcore of Sonic fans give a real crap about the series at this point.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - January 10, 2014 5:16 p.m.

That Yoshi DLC was probably a better game than Sonic Lost World in general, considering it played more like a Yoshi Story level then it did a Sonic level.
  • SonicHunter - January 11, 2014 1:15 p.m.

Actually, it has been said that there is going to be a new sonic game in 2014. It was part of the agreement made by Nintendo and Sega that their main Sonic games for 2013 and 2014 are going to be on Nintendo consoles exclusively.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - January 10, 2014 3:25 p.m.

So... all the games that are coming out this year?