Topics

Best of GR

• SonicHunter - January 10, 2014 3:30 p.m.

What, no new Sonic game anticipation? I am dissapoint.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - January 10, 2014 3:32 p.m.

There isn't a Sonic game we know about, everything else was atleast confirmed
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2014 3:50 p.m.

That, and only the most hardcore of Sonic fans give a real crap about the series at this point.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - January 10, 2014 5:16 p.m.

That Yoshi DLC was probably a better game than Sonic Lost World in general, considering it played more like a Yoshi Story level then it did a Sonic level.
  • SonicHunter - January 11, 2014 1:15 p.m.

Actually, it has been said that there is going to be a new sonic game in 2014. It was part of the agreement made by Nintendo and Sega that their main Sonic games for 2013 and 2014 are going to be on Nintendo consoles exclusively.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - January 10, 2014 3:25 p.m.

So... all the games that are coming out this year?
  • riverghost - January 10, 2014 3:15 p.m.

FYI: The developer of Fable was Peter Molyneux, not Peter Moore as written on #46. Fable Anniversary
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 10, 2014 4:31 p.m.

Whoever wrote that shall receive 40 lashings
  • GR_AndyHartup - January 13, 2014 2:41 a.m.

Surely 46 lashings would be more appropriate...
  • Bansheebot - January 10, 2014 3:14 p.m.

Wait, is that wolfenstien image flipped, or is there actually going to be a left-handed character in a fps?
  • bebl09 - January 12, 2014 5:21 p.m.

Haha I was wondering the same thing, I'm left-handed so it'd be nice!
  • universaltofu - January 10, 2014 2:35 p.m.

So much want, down for pretty much all of these.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - January 10, 2014 2:34 p.m.

Ports, indies, current gen, more ports, jesus, there's like %5 of actual next gen exclusive games, equal to the fucking Wii U even, if not, less, fucking announce games damn it. I'm guessing you'll be moving games around when they release and announce, cause otherwise there's a bunch of then too damn high just because we don't know info, which is fitting frankly.
  • jacob-eddy - January 10, 2014 2:37 p.m.

Especially Alien: Isolation. I am trying hard not to buy into it because I'm afraid of is going to be another Colonial Marines
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2014 3:49 p.m.

They will, they updated last year's list every 2-3 months during the year. Doubt it'll be any different this time.
  • jacob-eddy - January 10, 2014 2:27 p.m.

Kinda find it bs that you included the next CoD but not whatever the next Assassins Creed will be, I imagined that would be pretty high up on the list
  • bebl09 - January 12, 2014 5:22 p.m.

Simply the fact that the next CoD is on this list, especially somehow above Uncharted, is a joke.
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2014 2:24 p.m.

...Why is Guilty gear Xrd - Sign- Not in here? That game is a bona fide, full fletched sequel to a fighting game, featuring a completely new engine, (And pretty fantastic graphics, with 3D Models that impressively look just as good and detailed as 2D hand drawn sprites.) and characters. As opposed to both BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma or Ultra Street Fighter IV, which both are more expansions of already existing games rather than proper sequels. Overall, i don't know if it's just that GG: Xrd -Sign- has just been terribly publicized, because it feels like most people just aren't aware of it. Which is a shame, because again, if there's one fighting game I'm excited for this year, it's that one. Seriously though, look at this and tell it doesn't look more new and exciting than BB:CP or USFIV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5pkaWp8Xso
  • Cyberninja - January 10, 2014 2:38 p.m.

I thought you of all people would know that Blazblue: Crono Phantasma is a brand new game and not an expansion. Seriously I tried it out already and when the game comes out here I will have to relearn my mains, since they overhauled the battle system again. Street Fighter is more of the same so I agree it will be better then that. But when it comes down to Arc games they both will be pretty amazing.
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2014 3:13 p.m.

I know BlazBlue games do make major overhauls between each one, and to be fair, the plot (if you care to follow) is always different. But I mean... You have a new one almost every year, adding 3-4 characters each time at most. Even with re-balancing and changes to the fighting system, you can't really claim it's a different game altogether. Xrd sign meanwhile, IS and furthermore it's the comeback of a franchise that lay dormant for an ENTIRE generation, and everything about it looks overhauled and new. The entire engine and graphics, the animations, the game will no doubt play differently, and I mean, this isn't the "Top 100 upcoming games we KNOW are gonna be good" This is "The most ANTICIPATED games of 2014" Meaning excitement and expectation! I don't doubt Crono Phantasma will be really good, but I have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting, Xrd Sign is a different Beast altogether.
  • universaltofu - January 10, 2014 3:13 p.m.

Credit is due for using 'new and exciting' in a non-sarcastic manner. I like that nothing seems to be lost in the transition here, the characters look great from all angles, though I don't see this being any better than blaz or street.