We Recommend

• Prodigy916 - December 19, 2013 9:08 p.m.

Did no one else notice the Warframe in Dark sector?
  • winner2 - December 19, 2013 8:29 p.m.

I quit lost odyssey in 30 minutes. I tried, I did, but I actually got a few hours further in lair, and I beat haze.
  • jedisamurai - December 21, 2013 8:46 a.m.

I lost in interest in Lost Odyssey as well. It was just kinda...boring to me. The story and gameplay didn't hook me.
  • bang1221 - December 19, 2013 8:16 p.m.

My dog ate my disc 2 of Lost Odyssey. Ironically enough that was the disc i was on so i never got a chance to beat it. One day ill re-buy it along with The World Ends With You and The Last Story.
  • GLuna46 - December 19, 2013 7:47 p.m.

awe man i have about 20 of these games in my current library, sad to see Shadows of the damned didnt do so well such a awesome stupid story and had humor which is rare in a world where "serious" games rule. alice madness returns i bought day one, also darksiders 2.also as some one who works at gamestop, ratchet and clank into the nexus was weird.. i assumed it did well bc NO other gamestop near us had one. im guessing sony only did a few copies ship to stores. :/
  • Arix - December 19, 2013 7:34 p.m.

Makes me happy that I have a good chunk of these.
  • Dewritos - December 19, 2013 7:27 p.m.

The World Ends With You is one of my all time favorite games. Every DS owner should play it
  • jedisamurai - December 21, 2013 8:49 a.m.

In my opinion it is the greatest DS game ever made, period. What sends it out of the ballpark for me is the fact that the game LEVELS UP WHILE YOU AREN'T PLAYING and then, it senses when you are struggling, and says "Would you like to decrease the difficulty level?" Then you die again and it's "Are you SURE you don't want to decrease the difficulty level?" The game wants you to have fun, progress, and finish it. It's my favorite Square game along with Kingdom Hearts II (which has King Mickey save you if you get stuck on a boss).
  • robotic-fiend - December 19, 2013 6:47 p.m.

Nice list, though it needs more "Diving, Discovering, and Dreaming", Endless Ocean all the way.
  • bbq4tw - December 19, 2013 6:46 p.m.

Alpha Protocol, extremely underrated and very overlooked.
  • Frieza - December 19, 2013 6:45 p.m.

Jeez, is No More Heroes so popular that it didn't make the list?
  • taokaka - December 19, 2013 6:09 p.m.

Fantastic list and I'm glad you didn't try to shoehorn okami (wii) into the list, okami has gotten so much attention from these types of lists that I'm pretty sure it can no longer be called overlooked because whenever somebody says the word "underrated" okami isn't far behind.
  • GenderBender_9000 - December 19, 2013 5:48 p.m.

Good list. I've played a good handfull of these. But a lot of them I've never even heard of. But I think you guys forgot to put Two Worlds Two, Tenchu Z, and Lair on the list.
  • JMarsella09 - December 19, 2013 5:47 p.m.

Add Rule of Rose and Haunted Ground, and this list is good.
  • Talvari - December 19, 2013 5:25 p.m.

So many good games on this list that are indeed overlooked :( Nier still stands out to me because it's one of the only games i played this generation that caused me to get all emotional. The music coupled with certain events in the game...hot damn :( Also Valkyria chronicles is such a good game! Also I remember going into a local GAME shop and buying Little Kings Story when i was 17 and i got strange looks from the employee at the counter, suckers missing out on one of the better games on the Wii imo. Resonance of Fate is also a really fantastic game that's been criminally overlooked because of Final Fantasy 13 if i recall, which is a shame because while i enjoyed 13, RoF is better than it in terms of story, customization and gameplay :| Great list!
  • Vonter - December 19, 2013 6:06 p.m.

That's a wedding I'll never forget. Escuse me... ;_;
  • jedisamurai - December 19, 2013 5:20 p.m.

Uhhhh.... Child of Eden always had gamepad support. I first beat the game using a gamepad. I only tried it with connect many months later when I bought one. The way to play that game is to use a gamepad and some headphones with heavy bass...
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 19, 2013 5:16 p.m.

Lost Odyssey <333
  • vermicelli - December 19, 2013 5 p.m.

Glad you guys listed Splatterhouse. One of the best games of this generation. Critics deserve a slap for not giving it a fair go..
  • Vonter - December 19, 2013 4:21 p.m.

Lack of Mother 3 disturbs me. I know I know, but it still was in this generation's time frame. Coming as the last great GBA game, that is one of the best stories I have experienced, and even after playing in it 2008 (I know its from 2006 but play it way after) I still feel it. Deadly Creature is an experience, clunky and jarring that it looks is one of the very few games where you control non humanoid characters, it also had several strong silent moments that changes adds to the immersion of playing as an animal.