We Recommend

• Larinah - December 25, 2013 4:10 p.m.

Ghost Trick, don't get me started. Beautiful storyline, gameplay that made you think but never got frustrating. Easily one of my favorite games of all time, and a high recommendation to anyone looking for a great game to pass time.
  • darnell-l-armstrong - December 24, 2013 7:42 p.m.

Funny...I have the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia...
  • Ar1masenka - March 6, 2014 5:50 a.m.

So do I but I believe they are talking about how the U.S. only got the XBOX 360 version. I imported my PS3 copy from Japan.
  • alexandre-bret - December 23, 2013 10:45 p.m.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom one of my favorite fighters and what other Wii Fighters? Other than Smash which is pseudo fighter theres nothing
  • Mdgeist316 - December 23, 2013 2:15 p.m.

Well, there goes my backlog increasing even more. Oh well, it's not like there's anything to play on PS4 right now. So glad to see Deadly Premonition and Nier on this list. And The World Ends With You being underrated is just sad. One of the best DS and Square RPGs ever.
  • sephex - December 23, 2013 4:02 a.m.

These are definitely overlooked, but often with a good reason. Blue Dragon was a huge disappointment. From Sakaguchi and Toriyama you expect more. It doesn't look good, it doesn't play good, and it's basically a kiddie game. Heavenly Sword is in the same boat. It was all hyped up, and it was as shallow as it comes. There are good games in it (TWEWY, Darksiders), but many of them are just mediocre. "The series has a lot of potential and, based on the upgrade from Midway, the series is improving." Well, the developer who made Battlestaions has shut down long ago, so the series won't be improving anywhere...but yeah, it was a fun game.
  • DBNS - December 23, 2013 3:41 a.m.

I own 19 of these games, & have played/beat 7 of them. 7 others are already on my wanted list. I love/hate this list, because it simultaneously informs me of potentially great (and make no mistake, some of these titles are GREAT) games I might have otherwise missed, while enlarging my already massive backlog. So thank you/damn you Gamesradar, for that.
  • soren7550 - December 22, 2013 9:54 p.m.

When was this written? Several entries here say how such and such a game came out not so long ago, but most of them are several years old (ex: the article says that Henry Hatsworth came out two months ago, when in reality it came out while I was still in high school, which was four years ago... I just made myself feel old).
  • santaclouse37 - December 25, 2013 11:39 p.m.

^This.
  • ElBeardo - December 22, 2013 4:24 p.m.

I'm glad they mentioned Lost Odyssey, the game is fantastic. The concept was interesting, the music was some of the best Uematsu has ever composed, the gameplay was classic while having a few good/original additions, and the "A Thousand Years of Dreams" flashbacks were some of the most memorable moments I've experienced in gaming (they were apparently written by an award winning Japanese short story writer).
  • Jennero_Rossi - December 22, 2013 6:20 p.m.

Lost Odyssey was so good! This was the real Final Fantasy XIII.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 31, 2013 12:31 p.m.

RIGHT? Agreed 100%
  • genehunt - December 22, 2013 11:14 a.m.

it seems to me that the kids these days feel that cowboys are a little bit, er...... how shall we say? ....gay? but to someone who grew up with westerns being the most popular genre of movie, the call of juarez games were awesome , the m/p in brothers was loads of fun, until i found out that only your score was saved online , everything else was on your HD, so when you had the YLOD or RROD you lost it all, and had to start again on a new machine, lost it's shine after that.
  • larkan - December 22, 2013 12:18 a.m.

We've seen this list 100 times before. These games weren't overlooked because they are bad, or because dudebro shooter 4 came out at the same time they did, it's because they don't do anything that's worth talking about. Dark Sector...oh yeah spinning that blade around the first dozen times was cool, but around 500 it gets old, and you're not even halfway through the game. Asura's Wrath was awesome until the second fight, when you did finally realize you just bought an interactive DBZ clone with a few QTE prompts in it.
  • shawksta - December 21, 2013 7:59 p.m.

I said it before and ill say it again MAKE THAT WII U TRAUMA TEAM SEQUEL ATLUS
  • bambam609 - December 21, 2013 4:59 p.m.

Whatever happened with The Legend of Dragoon? That was and still is such an amazing game, it resembles Final Fantasy in many aspects and such an amazing story. It would be so nice if they made another part or remade it in HD. Legend of Dragoon will not be forgotten!
  • Relzen - December 21, 2013 3:24 p.m.

At least Dark Sector got a sequel (Warframe)
  • KRaZiGLiTcH - December 21, 2013 2 p.m.

Metal Arms Glitch in The System should be on that list,It was such a classic and unique game that had so many levels and multiplayer was awesome and the story was great and sadly it is underrated and not too many people know of it. and if any Metal Arms fans sees this search WeWantMetalArms2 in google to find a page all about Metal Arms Glitch in The System Thanks
  • Relzen - December 21, 2013 8:43 p.m.

Metal Arms is not from the last generation it is from the one before that so it does not qualify for the list.
  • KRaZiGLiTcH - December 22, 2013 1:13 a.m.

Oh by last generation i thought it meant Every single one lol oh well Metal Arms does deserve to be on a underrated classic game list though. ^_^