• db1331 - January 20, 2012 7:30 a.m.

They are quite light. Almost as if the game were DESIGNED to run on a system whose hardware hasn't changed in around 7 years. What a shame. We could have a ME3 that looks and sounds better than BF3 if certain people weren't holding back the industry.
  • BladedFalcon - January 20, 2012 9:01 a.m.

Yes, boo hoo. Who cares if the game has great story, original characters, and well polished gameplay and varied quests. No, all it matters is that it looks as shiny and gorgeous as possible! and because it doesn't, it's being held back! BOO HOO!!! You're really are starting to sound like a broken record. An annoyingly shallow, whiny, selfish record.
  • db1331 - January 20, 2012 10:07 a.m.

Yea, shame on me for wanting a game that has great story, original characters, well polished gameplay, varied quests, and looks like it was made this decade. I am such a horrible person.
  • BladedFalcon - January 20, 2012 10:39 a.m.

Let's not kid ourselves. All you want is to rag repeatedly on console gamers and make a tantrum like a child because you think they are "holding you back". You're pretty much like a spoiled junior that has a custom ferrari, and is pissed because most other people can only afford something like a civic or whatever. The thing is, your ENTIRE argument against consoles "holding" gaming back hinges purely in graphics, nothing else. And frankly, consoles don't look THAT bad, yes, they look sub-par compared to a PC, but for anyone that's not a shallow graphics whore, they are more than good enough. And that's why most people have consoles, pretty much the main setback is lesser graphics, but in return we have a much cheaper, simple way of enjoying video-games. Consoles would really only hold TRUE gaming behind, if the PCs were able to do something GAMEPLAY-wise that the consoles just couldn't replicate. Except they just don't, there is not a single high end, PC exclusive game that has such a groundbreaking, innovative gameplay aspect that the consoles couldn't replicate. Thus, you're whole bitching is always revolving around graphics, and thus, you are a very fucking shallow person. And you can try to argue that any other way you want, but it's a fact, and I'm done being nice about it. So yeah, poor you that can't have shiny graphics that don't really affect the core aspect of a game at all. Sob and whine all you want while most of the world won't give a shit and will continue playing consoles without a care in the world.
  • db1331 - January 20, 2012 11:17 a.m.

I knew you were clueless, but I didn't know it was that bad. What can PCs do that consoles can't, GAMEPLAY-wise? How about 64 players, more vehicles, and bigger maps in BF3. Or just actual proper controls for any FPS ever made. What about removing loading screens in Skyrim, or getting more than double the frames per second of consoles. What about mods that let you put anything you can create into the game? What about customizable controls that let you access abilities faster without having to thumb through a wheel or menu? That's just off the top of my head. I could give it some more thought if you want. Let's do a little exercise. Let's pretend the Wii REALLY took off and took almost all the 3rd party developers away from the Xbox and PS3. So let's say for the last few years, 90% of all games released for your system (be it 360 or PS3) were actually designed with the Wii in mind, then ported to your system. They slapped some rudimentary gamepad controls on it, but the entire game was designed for the Wiimote, so it's still a little wonky. And you can't change your controls, because the devs didn't think you would want to. Also, all the menus were designed for the Wiimote, so getting around them with your thumb sticks takes twice as long as it should. And the Wii can't do a lot of the fancy lighting or texture tricks your 360/PS3 can, so the developers decided to make the game for the least common denominator, and leave all that stuff out of your version. Also, the Wii can't handle the map size and high player counts your system can, so they went ahead and just cut both those things in half across all platforms. On top of all that, the things that made all your favorite franchises great, like the depth and the challenge, are just too much for the Wii players. They just want to toss their disc in and cruise through the game, so the developers listened to them and "Streamlined" (pronounced: dumbed-down) all your favorite games. I could go on, put I assume you get the point by now. Then, when you post about how you wish developers would take the extra time to fully utilize the abilities of your 360/PS3, and not tie back your hands because the Wii can't keep up, some casual Wii player comes in and says, "I like my Wii games just fine. They look and play great. If it's good enough for me, it's good enough for EVERYONE! You're just an elitist for thinking your 360/PS3 is better!" Now, imagine how little of a fuck you would give about this Wii player's opinion. I hope now you have at least a base understanding as to why you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - January 20, 2012 11:48 a.m.

And Battlefield 3 sucks the shit ring off of my toilet. Use a better example.
  • db1331 - January 20, 2012 12:17 p.m.

On consoles, I bet you are absolutely right.
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - January 20, 2012 12:43 p.m.

Played it on PC assnugget.
  • db1331 - January 20, 2012 12:48 p.m.

No you didn't.
  • ThisIsMyFuckingThirdAccount - January 20, 2012 1:02 p.m.

Good Points: They were just made. While I fully agree with ol' dibster, I guess I'm just not that angry about it what with the being new to the PC side.
  • db1331 - January 20, 2012 1:24 p.m.

Welcome to the club. We have cookies and juice on the table in the next room.
  • ThisIsMyFuckingThirdAccount - January 20, 2012 2:03 p.m.

Cookies AND juice? These really are the finer things in life. ;___; I finally have a family.
  • BladedFalcon - January 20, 2012 1:21 p.m.

*Chuckles* Thank you for further showing how shallow and rudimentary you are, and for completely missing my point, it really just makes my life easier ^^ I said GAMEPLAY dude, GAMEPLAY. You somehow keep thinking that shit like loading times and frame-rate is part of gameplay when it's not, that's still just presentation and graphics. Anything related to controls is also something not related to gameplay, just control mapping. And if a developer does a shitty conversion of the controls for the PC, that's not really the console's or the consumer's fault. It's the developer's for being lazy, so take that up to them for being incompetent, not us. As for "more players, more vehicles and bigger maps" is not really a unique or innovative gameplay aspect, is just giving you more of what consoles already can do, just on a larger scale. Lastly? Mods? yeah, no argument there about being unique to PCs, but that's unofficial content that has equal amounts clever ideas and terrible ones. And since modding is made usually by fans, it's really something that is not limited because of consoles, really. My POINT was that, you can't show me a single PC game which the core gameplay couldn't be replicated in a console, and lo and behold: you didn't :3 Also... Your whole argument with the wii is pretty simple: Would i be okay if games that I've enjoyed like Portal 2, Vanquish, ME and others had been made with the graphics that the Wii had? Sure, they certainly wouldn't have not looked nearly as pretty, but again, if the gameplay design, athmosphere, charm and story remained the same, I would have enjoyed them thoroughly anyway. And no, I'm not even gonna bother taking into account the motion control argument, because as I said, that's really not a limitation of the console, but just the developer being lazy and incompetent. So yeah... Sorry, but still not feeling a shred of sympathy for you. And well, I don't really care if you take me seriously or not. I'm just sick of seeing 3 out of 5 of your posts being the same tired, fucking song that ultimately will change nothing. And If you're gonna keep whining like a little girl, I'll just at least take solace on the fact that called you out, and proved you wrong, even if you won't admit it ^^
  • db1331 - January 20, 2012 1:34 p.m.

Ah, I think I'm beginning to see your problem. You don't think things like load times, framerate, controls, map sizes, or player count affect the quality of gameplay. Small wonder you game on a console, eh?
  • BladedFalcon - January 20, 2012 1:42 p.m.

Well, considering I believe well tough level design, appropriately varied and clever game-play, interesting characters and good story trumps all that... Yeah I suppose I consider all those other things small bells and whistles. I've no problem waiting couple extra seconds of loading if the actual game is worth the wait. Same with frame-rate which in most consoles cases. it's smooth enough for me not to really notice it (It's only a problem if it's chugs or makes the game slow down, which again, very rarely happens.) And AGAIN, controls are unique to each console and device, and it's not a software limitation. if it's poorly ported, it's the developer's fault, not one console holding back the other. But i suppose you have trouble properly pinpointing blames, eh?
  • db1331 - January 20, 2012 1:54 p.m.

Look. I'm going home for the weekend. You're going to think that I just can't come up with a good rebuttal. And that's fine. Think that. The honest truth is, if you think there is not one game that is dramatically better on PC than consoles, and you can't see the truth behind my previous Wii analogy, then you are clearly too stupid to have a debate with. As it happens, there are some people (like you) who are blissfully happy playing these games on a console. On the other hand, there are people (like me) who can't even grasp how someone could stand to play them on a console. We will never agree, and we don't have to. All I want is simple. If a game is going to be sold on a platform, the devs should do everything they can to make full use of that platform. It would be better for everyone. Have a great weekend. Play the fuck out of that console.
  • BladedFalcon - January 20, 2012 3:08 p.m.

I sure will, thanks! One last question though...(And feel free to answer it whenever you want, if at all.) If all you want is for developers to make full use of the PC, why not complain to THEM? How exactly do you think that constantly complaining and trolling to console gamers is gonna make developers change their mind? If you haven't noticed, the entire reason i started this whole argument is because I just don't get your constant complaining in a place where there's no one that can actually do anything about it. That's pretty much it, I know you have your preference, and I never argued against that, at least I hope you understood that.
  • ParagonT - January 20, 2012 3 p.m.

The power and graphics behind the PC is not the issue that is coming forward, the superiority complex that some gamers that play on the PC have is. Your argument of the 64 players, bigger maps, and modding are good ones, although everything else is a bit more subjective. We know that PC's can be updated to be made more efficient, but we don't need a brat telling gamers that play on consoles that they are below them. That to me seems like something a five year old would do. There is a clear difference in suggesting others to get a game for PC if they have a sufficient one, and telling others to eat a cock because they don't have a Ubber Hax0r PC and the cash to upgrade. Let alone placing blame on them for developers doing, then trying to shame them for playing games on a cost efficient console. Which do you think helps better the community?
  • GhostNappa2k10 - January 20, 2012 4:52 p.m.

*sigh* is ALL you do complain about how consoles are inferior to PC, and how PC is the single-greatest platform in existence, because to be quite frank, you're making yourself look like a massive a**hole. Every platform has its advantages and disadvantages, and neither is greater than the other one. So please, shut up, and respect people's opinions, instead of instantly saying they're wrong due to the fact that they don't have the same opinion as you. And I find it more than a little ironic that here you are, complaining about consoles, yet your DP is a character who is only available on consoles and handhelds, and not PC...
  • Net_Bastard - January 20, 2012 9:12 p.m.

Actually, there is a gameplay aspect that consoles can't replicate. You know how those really deep RTS games make use of a shitload more buttons than a console could? That's one.
  • BladedFalcon - January 20, 2012 9:41 p.m.

Okay, i give you a point for that one. in that case, it IS true that consoles simply can't handle those types of games like star-craft or Command & Conquer. I did play a lot of starcraft in the past, and it's easy to see that it would be so much more impractical and clunkier to play it well on consoles. Much more so than FPSs Then again, that is a distinction that has always existed between PC's and consoles. It's not something that's become evident recently, and for now such a large need of buttons seems to be almost exclusive to the RTS genre. I can't see a lot more genres ever needing a quantity of buttons that consoles just wouldn't be able to handle. Also, i appreciate that trough all the responses you made here, while you're obviously in favor of PCs, you're not trying to shove them down our throats, so thanks for that ^^
  • PistonTwister - January 20, 2012 7:23 a.m.

My PC eats Mass Effect 3's for breakfast