Topics

mangled myths

We Recommend

• BladedFalcon - March 14, 2013 4:22 p.m.

The wikiparaz strikes again with his awesome fact-chek articles! huzzah! :D
  • Z-man427 - March 14, 2013 3:11 p.m.

Zeus had me chuckling for quite some time.
  • johnny-kratos-davidson - March 14, 2013 3 p.m.

Kratos didn't need Pandora to open the box in God of War III, he needed her to quell the flame of Olympus as only she could so that he could get to the box.
  • BladedFalcon - March 14, 2013 4:21 p.m.

...So in other words, he DID need Pandora to open the box :P (Because otherwise, he wouldn't be able to get to it, and thus, never be able to open it in the first place...)
  • antiAntag0nist - March 14, 2013 2:54 p.m.

The final slide is awesome.
  • ObliqueZombie - March 14, 2013 2:46 p.m.

Hahaha, great article, Mikel. The history buff as always and a great writing wit.
  • Arobadope - March 14, 2013 2:35 p.m.

Wasn't the oracle of delphi typically a young girl? Meh either way God of War's story is busted in my eyes so I guess I shouldn't expect much.
  • kyle94 - March 14, 2013 8:59 p.m.

Actually, the Oracle of Delphi was not commonly young. It sometimes was a young woman, but not typically.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - March 15, 2013 8:12 a.m.

The Oracle was originally a young girl, but after she was raped the council of Delphi decided to make the oracle an old, unattractive woman so that her purity would never again be violated.
  • Elgyem - March 14, 2013 2:33 p.m.

LOVE IT! As a mythology nerd myself it was great watching you tear GoW a new one in these entries. However, some of these are literally copy-pasted from a previous article. Still, great job.
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - March 14, 2013 2:49 p.m.

I added to those! And also reworked some of them. It wasn't a complete recycle job. Good eye, though.
  • kingsmikefan - March 14, 2013 6:26 p.m.

I sensed somethin fishy going on! I thought "there's no way Mikel didn't already do one of these." But it's always great to read your work.