The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild features a vast wilderness just waiting to be explored, and while there's plenty of fun to be had in wandering around aimlessly, eventually you'll want to start tackling shrines so you can get Link in prime shape to take on Ganon.
There are 120 shrines in the game, and each one you beat will reward you with a Spirit Orb. Every four orbs you collect will let you unlock an extra heart for your HP gauge or an extra chunk of your stamina wheel.
Praying at statues lets you upgrade, but if you feel like you've made a horrible mistake you can pray at the statue in Hateno village to respec your stats, although it'll cost you 20 Rupees each time; you'll receive 100 Rupees to sell a heart or stamina vessel, and 120 Rupees to buy one of your choice. The first time is free, as is the case with all nefarious characters who want you keep coming back for more of the good stuff.
Not all shrines will be as straightforward as strolling up to the door and walking in. Some of the them have attached quests that you'll need to complete first. These shrine quests can be given to you by certain people, or will only become available after completing other side quests.
To make it all a bit more manageable, we've split the shrines by their tower region. The first four shrines are located on the Great Plateau, and are designed to get you into the swing of things while working out how to use your new powers. We've covered them in our Old Man locations guide, but the remaining locations and solutions for the other 116 are all here, if you need a hand.
We encourage you to give them a whirl on your own at first, so as not to spoil the fun. But if you find yourself tearing your hair out, we've got your back.
Table of Contents:
- Dueling Peaks Tower
- Hateno Tower
- Lanayru Tower
- Faron Tower
- Lake Tower
- Wasteland Tower
- Gerudo Tower
- Central Tower
- Ridgeland Tower
- Tabantha Tower
- Hebra Tower
- Woodland Tower
- Eldin Tower
- Akkala Tower
More Breath of the Wild guides:
- 27 things I wish I knew before starting The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild best cooking recipes guide
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Korok Seed and Hetsu locations guide
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Captured Memories locations guide
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild unbreakable / high durability weapons and shield locations
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild horses tips
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Old Man locations, warm doublet recipe, paraglider shrine