The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an open-world adventure that borders on the survival genre, with Link having to cook up gourmet dishes and fancy elixirs just to make it through the day. That's a slight exaggeration, but you will need to cook food to replenish hearts and brew up potions to bolster stealth, speed, stamina, and might.
Hyrule is also home to number of different environments, from harsh snowy peaks, to parched scorching deserts, and while you can generally find armour to insulate or keep you cool, it helps to have some cooling frozen fish, or a spicy steak on hand for weather related emergencies. To that end, we've included every single recipe here, as well as brief explanation of effects, and elixirs. The better the ingredients, the greater the benefits.
It's worth noting that certain ingredient combinations can potentially result in a number of different recipes, but rather than defaulting to the crappiest combo, the better recipe will be prioritised. If you only have a campfire to cook with, jump to the roasted and frozen dishes to see what you can cobble together. The rest of the recipes use a cooking pot, so don't go tossing everything you have into the blazing heat of a campfire and wondering where your steamed meat is at the end of it.
There's only one rule when it comes to cooking; insects and monster parts make elixirs, while foodstuffs and seasonings make - you guessed it - meals. Mixing them will result in failed dishes and wasted ingredients. Nosh on.
Table of Contents:
- How to add effects to dishes
- Meal ingredient stats and locations
- Cooking without a pot - roasted and frozen dishes
- Meat and Poultry recipes
- Fish and Seafood recipes
- Veggie, Rice, and Egg recipes
- Elixirs and their effects
- Elixir ingredient stats and locations
- Cooking bonuses and fairies explained
More Breath of the Wild guides:
- 27 things I wish I knew before starting The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Korok Seed and Hetsu locations guide
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Shrine locations and solutions guide
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Captured Memories locations guide
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild unbreakable / high durability weapons and shield locations
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Old Man locations, warm doublet recipe, paraglider shrine