Multiplayer, as the infected
1. As a smoker, stand on top of the witch and pull a survivor to it!
2. As a boomer, if the survivors are on the street, stand on a rooftop and barf from there.
3. As a tank, punch an item in front of the saferoom door so the survivors can't get in.
4. As a hunter, always stay crouched and use your pounce to get around.
5. Any except tank, this doesn't help win, just annoys the survivors: stow away in the safe room
6. Take advantage of the fact you don't take falling damage!
7. If there is a tank out, don't let it do all of the work, help it out!
8. In dead air, level one, as a smoker stand on the street and pull a survivor off of the rooftops!
When you are on the elevator with your teammates before entering the elevator pick up some gas can,oxygen tank, or anything that can be picked up bring that thing on the elevator then when you are high enough throw the thing you pickup on one of your teammates and they will just fall off the elevator (this is so goddamn funny). (if your teammates got angry at you its not my problem anymore) do this at your own risk
Unbreakable Achievement Help
If you get badly hurt(to the point that your character is limping) the A.I. players will try to heal you, a way to not let them heal is to keep your health pack out and they will not try to heal you which means that you will have to keep out your health pack the whole campaign which means you have to fight with it too.
Dead Air - Easy Crescendo
Dead Air, Chapter 3
When you get to the third chapter and you have to shoot the gas tanks to blow the barricade and continue, there's a method I have found to work pretty well. First, climb up into the building beside the tank bundle. Pick up the three gas tanks (usually what are there), and throw two of them below you, spreading them out pretty well. Throw the other one into the room on the floor. Next, run along the scaffold, and jump into the window frame. Shoot the gas tank bundle. When you see the first of the horde coming, shoot a gas tank. if you line them up just right, the first tank will light the second, which will light the third. All you really have to do is watch for Smokers and Hunters, the horde, will climb up, but don't worry, they're idiots and will jump off before reaching you. That being, the case, it really doesn't matter if a Boomer vomits on you. Good hunting, and have fun.
Dead Air Shortcut
When you get to the place where you have to use the crane to lower the dumpster to keep going through the level, don't hit the switch. You can jump onto the fence by getting on the air vent and keep going down the fence and you will see a power box thing on the side of the building. Jump on that and then jump up to the building. You skip the horde
After you get past that and walk across the wood bridge platform thing turn left and jump onto the edge of the building look at the tree that is below you and walk off the building and try to land in the tree don't jump this will down you. After you get into the tree you can jump to the street and walk into the safe house.
Barn Rafters - Farmhouse Finale
This seems to work for my friends and I, when you go up the ladder in the barn, turn 180 degrees. With some skill, walk across the rafters to the corner where part of the loft is still there. If you watch for Hunters, Smokers, and Tank throws, you can just snipe Infected and wait for the truck. You just need one person to guard the door on your left.
Help With Unbreakable Achievement
To earn this achievement you can't heal yourself for a whole campaign, however you can use "pain pills" as much as needed and you will still get the achievement.
No Mercy, Apartments
The Apartment Skip Glitch has been taken out of the final game.
Skip The Crane
Instead of triggering the crane in dead air, you can skip it. When you jump out of the windows near the crane, turn left and there will be a vent. Climb the vent to jump onto the fence, walk across the fence and jump onto a small power unit on the building opposite (near the dumpster) then jump onto the building, no problem! Remember to Crouch Jump in some places!
Tips And Hints
1. If there are only a few zombies in a room use pistols. Don't waste ammo.
2. If you're in front of your group, duck so the people behind you can shoot over you.
3. Stop and shoot. Stopping when shooting is a lot more accurate than running and shooting.
4. Go back for your team mates. This is obvious, and you always need the most firepower that you can get. The only exception is if you're in the safe room.
5. When a tank drops to its knees, stop shooting. That is the most annoying thing I've ever seen.
6. Hunting rifles suck. It's always faster to blow them away
7. Never purposely startle the witch, unless she is blocking the only way to the next area.
8. Never purposely shoot an alarmed car.
9. If you hear a Boomer, be careful and always hit him away if he's close.
10. Never go into a tight hallway when a tank is coming and always run and shoot a tank. Don't stay still and shoot. I know it contradicts #3 but do it anyway to bring the tank down.
11. On the first level of "no mercy," if you want to skip the apartment building, look behind you and you'll see the glass window. Behind that, on the other building, you'll see 2 fans. Jump on those and you won't die from the jump down.
1. Hunter, never pounce into a group of survivors. only pounce when one is separated from the group.
2. Tank, if your chasing a survivor, throw a rock at them or smash a car at 'em.
3. Tank, if your at long range from the survivors, throw a rock first, then charge.
4. Smoker, always do your best to get far away from the survivors as possible and get up a building. This way its harder for you to get noticed and you can do more damage to the survivor.
5. Boomer, never run up to the survivors to puke on them. Try to hide and do it when they don't know you're there.
6. Your claws are mostly useless, except for breaking walls and doors.
7. You aren't damaged by falls, use this to your advantage.
* USE TEAMWORK. i cant stress this enough: Teamwork is the key to victory.
One Man Witch Kill
Alright, this can work on any witch in the game, on any level, as long as there are two things that happen:
1. The person designated to kill the Witch HAS to have an AUTOMATIC Shotgun, no exceptions.
2. The Witch herself has to be in an accessible part of the map, I.E. not to close to any walls, or over a fence, etc.
How this works is simple: The "Witch-Killer" is to sneak around behind the Witch, CROUCHED. Make sure you're completely behind her, so that she can't see you from the side. Get close enough to the point where you're almost touching her, and shoot her in the back of the head with the auto-shotgun. It sometimes works on the first hit, and sometimes you'll have to put one or two more into her as she turns to face you, but it's guaranteed to kill the Witch, so long as you sneak up on her properly.
Another way to kill a Witch in game is less available than the Shotgun, but still a viable tactic if the opportunity presents itself. It requires the Witch to be in an open field of some kind, which would provide a long line of site. A player with the hunting rifle should be able to successfully headshot her once on the ground, and then body-shot her a few more times as she's running.
Weapon Damage Points
These are the damages for all in game firearms. Damage is based on a bodyshot to the Tank. Expect head shots to do greater damage.
Uzi-25 (single bullet)
Pump Shotgun- 240 (Close Range)*
160 (Mid Range)*
103 (Long Range)*
10 (Maximum Visual Range)*
Hunting Rifle- 90
Assault Rifle- 32
Auto Shotgun- 270 (Close Range)*
160 (Mid Range)*
125 (Long Range)*
20 (Maximum Visual Range)*
*Ranges for Shotguns based on general distance. May vary slightly for you.
No Mercy Campaign
If you want to save a bit of time in campaign mode you can skip the entire apartment part of the first level. When you begin on the roof, turn around and look past the glass roof. You will see a couple of fans near the floor, jump over to them and you will survive from anywhere from 20 - 50 health.