• RedHarlow - June 28, 2012 12:20 p.m.

The Road was fantastic, because it was so terribly depressing. The book was even more depressing (eating dead babies to survive, anyone?). I Am Legend was just a shit movie, it was a slap in the face to the novel. All they really have in common is a title.
  • MasterBhater - June 28, 2012 12:28 p.m.

I thought I Am Legend was still a good movie, even though it didn't have much in common with the source material and the ending was a little weak
  • GR Alex Roth - June 28, 2012 12:40 p.m.

For me, it was the scale of the movie that made it worth seeing. I felt like the story ran out of steam after *spoiler alert* the dog died.
  • BladedFalcon - June 28, 2012 1:55 p.m.

Yeah, to me, that's also when the movie went downhill, specially with the appearance of those certain two people. Before that, i thought it was a fantastic movie with a great mood and setting. Also, i think it would also help if you guys watched the original, unaltered ending. Not the theatrical version. The original ending is closer to the one of the book, I think, and at any rate, it fit much better than the piece of shit savior ending they end up using.
  • Viron - June 28, 2012 4:26 p.m.

The Novel wasn't that good to begin with.
  • ultimatepunchrod - June 28, 2012 12:07 p.m.

The Road was one of the most depressing movies I have ever loved. All of these are good though.
  • GR Alex Roth - June 28, 2012 12:16 p.m.

Yep, The Road is a real day ruiner. I'd really like someone to cut a trailer for it set to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TD_pSeNelU
  • TheHowetzer - June 29, 2012 5:46 p.m.

I am going to have to check out The Road, hope netflix has it. The dog dying was like hope itself had died. I think the movie was supposed to get worse after that point. Also yes I second the book of Eli for one you missed.