The last of the LA Noire DLC cases is a little ho-hum, but at the very least it provides a fat stack of easy Achievements and Trophies. The Achievements and Trophies in Reefer Madness are all very easy to get, and can be scored in a single play through if you don't mind missing out on a large portion of the case. For the sake of completeness we've also worked out the rest of the case so you can get a five star rating if you're so inclined.
The case opens with a visit to Mike Lyman's where you'll be talking to a snitch. He's in the back, and will give up Juan Garcia Cruz's house location after you talk with him. Head there.
As soon as you arrive you'll be under fire from two guys with Tommy Guns. You have a chance to score your first Achievement/Trophy here, so don't get hasty and blast the enemies as soon as you see them.
As opposed to just shooting Juan Garcia and his accomplice, break in through the back door of his house and kill him. This is simple enough, just stay behind cover and move to the right. You will get shot while moving though, so stop moving, and wait a second to regen some health if you start taking too much damage. Run from cover to behind the car, and enter the back door. Shoot both of the guys inside and you’ll get this Achievement/Trophy.
Once inside, the investigation will begin.
1. Check both pockets of Juan's coat to find two clues, a Silver Dollar, and a wallet.
2. Look at the pile of boxes near the body and you'll find a notepad giving you the clue Masangkay.
3. Look at the pile of boxes near the kitchen and you'll get a new location Parnell Soup Factory.
4. Search one of the bedrooms down the hall for this newspaper, it gives you the new location 20th Street Market.
5. If you exit the front of the building you'll have a brief chat with the neighbor, who notes that Juan spent a lot of time in the chicken coop out back.
6. Go out back and check out the chicken coop. Inside, examine the white and red flour can on the middle shelf. It will open a secret door to a hidden room, Dr. Evil style.
1. Examine the soup cans near the can opener, and press A/X while Cole is examining them to open them. Do this to both cans and the Achievement/Trophy is yours. You'll also get the Soup Cans clue.
2. Check out the ledger in the back of the secret room and ID the largest shipments, the 50 lbs. ones. You'll get the Tijuana dope shipments clue.
3. Call R&I while you're here and you'll get the Soup Factory address.
That's all the evidence for this area, but be careful because your next decision is important.
This Achievement/Trophy is fairly annoying if you’re trying to five star the mission, as it makes it impossible to do so because you will automatically miss a clue at the Parnell Soup Factory. This Achievement requires you to go directly to the 20th Street Market from Juan Garcia’ house, a location you can get by checking the newspaper in the back room. Note that while doing this nets you the Achievement, it cuts out a large portion of the case, as going here will prevent you from being able to visit the Soup Factory during the day. If you’re looking for five stars, or are experiencing the case for the first time, it’s recommended you wait until the second playthrough to get this Achievement/Trophy.
We'll assume you're going to skip the High Flyer Achievement from here on in, meaning your next location will be the Parnell Soup Factory. After you arrive you'll have a chat with the owner:
1. Factory sealed soup cans > Doubt
2. Parnell's soup company > Doubt
3. Knowledge of Cruz Brothers > Doubt
4. Knowledge of Inside Man > Truth
You'll now go though a really boring tour of the factory until you run into Sergio Rojas. Check the ledger and tap on one of the 20th Century Market deliveries. You'll meet Sergio Rojas and recieve the Sergio's silver dollar clue.