• Weirdjedi - July 27, 2012 8:32 p.m.

Having a PS2 allowed me to play Kingdom Hearts 1 in 2002 and Kingdom Hearts 2 in 2006. I never got a mobile device, so I never played any of the other ones. I just recently found out that Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (or I call Kingdom Hearts 1 1/2) came out on the PS2 while I was busy moving cross-country in 2008. Those 3 games are probably the only ones you really want to play. I really liked how they explained "Heartless" (your essence) + "Nobody" (empty shell) = "Heart" (somebody). The others really add A TON of background that kind of overcomplicates things from a historical perspective. Kind of sad. Without a PS3, I doubt I'll ever continue the series. At least awesome summaries like this one can briefly explain things.
  • YouAreTearingMeApartAntista - July 27, 2012 2:26 p.m.

Really good article, really useful for KH noobs.
  • Cyberninja - July 27, 2012 1:59 p.m.

The story is really easy to follow if you play all the games.
  • JMarsella09 - July 27, 2012 1:21 p.m.

It's like trying to tell the old testament in a five minute speech.
  • bigwill1221 - July 27, 2012 1:13 p.m.

Story doesn't seem that complicated, and wonder what game will come out next Birth by Sleep pt2... or KH3.
  • SanctusScorpius - July 29, 2012 1:42 p.m.

Plans for Birth by Sleep Vol. 2 were unfortunately canceled. It's likely KH3 will be the next game. Unless there's an HD Collection sometime in between.
  • Lurkero - July 27, 2012 1:07 p.m.

This helps, but there was still no reason for the Kingdom Hearts story to get so convoluted. Makes it less enjoyable for me.
  • Pwnz0r3d - July 27, 2012 9:19 p.m.

The only reason why it got so convoluted is because there were so many games jumping around the timeline. You got used to heartless, oh okay theres nobodies, weird, okay what the fuck why is roxas with some blue haired chick and a buff brown riku, the fuck is unversed, there's HOW MANY XEHANORTS So yeah, your complaints aren't unfounded. Hell I've played all of them and it still is iffy to me, mainly because I haven't played them in chronological order.