• BladedFalcon - April 8, 2014 11:48 a.m.

...Also... Since when do teens and douchebags playing mobile phone crap have the high moral ground over you? If anything, YOU should scoff and laughing at them for playing such inconsequential crap. If you let yourself feel ashamed that everyone is playing/watching shittier stuff than you are... isn't that you perpetuating the problem further?
  • Trollkitten - April 9, 2014 5:39 a.m.

Isn't scoffing at people for what they enjoy exactly the problem that the writer is opposed to? Because that's not a high moral ground either, and it sets a bad precedent. I've noticed that when one side starts slinging mud, the other side gets tempted to sling it back...
  • BladedFalcon - April 9, 2014 2:08 p.m.

I used a hyperbole to higlight how ridiculous was it to feel judged or ashamed by whatever a teenager or a person of such taste thought, not necesarily endorsing to do the same, though I admit I could have worded it more sensibly.
  • Trollkitten - April 9, 2014 2:11 p.m.

Understood. Heck, I've been guilty of the same thing, so I understand where you're coming from.
  • BladedFalcon - April 9, 2014 3:58 p.m.

Thanks for seeing it from where I stand ^^
  • Trollkitten - April 9, 2014 7:06 p.m.

Well, you're welcome... although I'm not sure I should be thanked for doing the exact same thing... no offense, sir or madam.
  • BladedFalcon - April 9, 2014 9:58 p.m.

Haha, sir, I suppose? but then again, I'm not sure I deserve such a high ranking :P
  • Trollkitten - April 10, 2014 8:37 a.m.

It used to be a high ranking back in the olden days of yore that many RPGs are set in, but now it's basically a way to be polite. At least, that's how it was in the nineties... I don't think I've really adjusted to cultural changes throughout the decades.
  • rainn'sgaydar - April 8, 2014 11:41 a.m.

I feel your pain, Henry. Having currently become obsessed with getting all the 3DS puzzle pieces (mission accomplished yesterday!), but lacking friends to streetpass with, I found myself stopping at Starbucks and McDonalds the world around to pass the relay stations. But I was far too embarrassed to walk in, so I made sure to find a parking spot close by and streetpass from the safety of my car. And even then, I felt judged by those entering and exiting the store. Thankfully, I then learned how to make my laptop a relay station and streetpassed with people all over the world. It was a beautiful thing. Perhaps a worse experience was in a hospital waiting room last week. My nephews (7 and 8 years) were playing on their iPads, and what does uncle do? Breaks out his gaudy, gold Zelda 3DS XL to play the aforementioned streetpass games. My nephews then beg to play Zelda and I finally relent out of embarrassment, one getting the 3DS and one getting my Vita. This left me to my iPad and KotOR. Which caught the attention of a hospital employee who, being very good at her job, doesn't know a stranger, and was just amazed at the 7, 8, and 25 year olds playing their games together. A picture was taken, though thankfully spared from social media. TL;DR Streetpassing obsession and a hospital waiting room lead to my nephews borrowing my portables while I played on my iPad. Pictures were taken, though I wouldn't say I was patronized or belittled, thankfully.
  • BladedFalcon - April 8, 2014 11:39 a.m.

Sounds more like this is a problem of you caring way too much about what people think of you, rather than the 3DS itself. If you spent less time looking over your shoulder, and just focused more on playing the game you're playing, you wouldn't even realize or care whether people are watching or judging you :P
  • FeloniousMax - April 8, 2014 11:38 a.m.

45 year old here, I have no qualms gaming in public. I used to, but that nifty Street Pass feature got rid of the insecurity, there are tons of us out there. I've received Street Pass info in bars (no minors there), at conventions, in Business class, on the bus/metro. Yeah some of those were from "kids" but many were from adults.