Jan 16, 2008
Sega has released a patch for Virtua Fighter 5 on 360, introducing a wealth of new gameplay options, tweaks and bug fixes.
Save-able online replays, extended costume options, an online rematch option for public players, and overall tweaking of the online component of the game are just some of the effects of applying the new patch.
Here's the full list of changes:
- Some characters will now be able to select costume-specific pants in alternate costumes, for example equipping Costume A pants in Costume B.
- Replays of online battles can now be saved.
- One additional item per character (appear as "Downloaded item" in Costume settings/Item edit dialog).
- Gamer pictures will now be shown in online battles.
- After winning the World Tournament Final, it's now more likely that rivals you have not defeated will be playing in arcades.
- When someone joins an online match, you can now see their connection quality.
- Various fixes for minor bugs, including a texture bug.
- Easier sorting of rankings.
- Rematches in Online VS. Player Matches now possible even when the players haven't added their opponent to their friend list
Just boot up the game while logged into Xbox Live to receive the update automatically, as usual.