Sept 5, 2007
UT developer Epic Games has run out of ideas on how to name a multiplayer CTF map and it needs your help. To be fair they have released quite a few over the years though...
Just as we were getting excited about pitching names like CTF-GamesRadar or CTF-Beer and BBQ, we looked at Epic's tips on how to choose a name.
- It has to sound cool!
- The name must be of the form "CTF-Name." Multi-word names should be capitalized, i.e., "CTF-FirstSecondThirdWord."
- Don't be silly with using names trademarked by someone else, immature stuff, etc.
- The name has to fit the mood. This level takes place in orbit around Omicron 6, the home of the sinister Necris. CTF-HappySunriseBunnyKisses is not appropriate.
- The name has to relate to the map closely, so that if someone says the map name you'll know which one they mean. For example, a map with a big suspension bridge is called CTF-Suspense. The UT DM map with the deadly pressure chamber was called DM-Pressure. We've broken this rule sometimes, but it's something we're paying more attention to in UT3.
- For this map, the obvious hook is the gorgeous skybox with the star (Omicron) rising over the planet's horizon.
You've got until Sunday to do the best you can. You'll find a pic of the map below for some inspiration. Hitthis link for two more.