• Crimsonkingx - January 4, 2011 6:39 p.m.

Sounds to me like the Japs just know how to make awesome post game content. It's true, they do! Never forget the Squarenix line up either. Especially all the old Tri-Ace games. I feel the I am playing through all of their games main "story" (lol), just to get to the more challenging alternate dungeons. That is where the real meat of the game always is. Good article. I love some good clever use of post game stuff. That is what really makes me a fan of certain video games.
  • Rivenscry - January 4, 2011 6:04 p.m.

Um, excuse me for asking and stop me if this is a stupid question, but doesn't finishing a game seemingly 100% and then realising that you aren't even half done tend to p**s people off? (SMG2) Oh and for your information, Operation Anchorage was actually pretty good. In fact I think Bethesda deserve a little clap (*claps*) for introducing the Chinese into the world of Fallout as an enemy set. Most other games just kind of chicken out when it comes to actually naming the troops, either that or they just make up a vaguely similar sounding name. Look up Matthew Reilly the Author to see how its done properly. Also, not first. Sorry, had to.
  • thedonut - January 4, 2011 5:54 p.m.

What about gathering resources by killing monsters to make some badass weapon/armor to take down more badass monsters in Monster Hunter?
  • paganpoet - January 4, 2011 5:18 p.m.

omg, where did that Bayonetta screenshot come from. I honestly had a hard time just BEATING that game on Normal difficulty, I couldn't even imagine getting straight Pure Platinums on Non Stop Climax difficulty.
  • Zepaw - January 4, 2011 5:11 p.m.

@Evernight. I agree, The Pitt is one of the memorable parts in all of FO3 for me. The Auto Axe is still my favorite weapon. I don't care about extra content in most games because I only run through the main modes once then head back to my multiplayer games (i.e. Left 4 Dead 2 and Rock Band 2)
  • Evernight57 - January 4, 2011 4:42 p.m.

I will admit to FO3 Operation Anchorage being trash, but the Pitt while short on content, was def. the best storyline in the DLCs and maybe even the game - Infanticide for the greater good?! Broken Steel got fixed and Point Lookout was great. A bit hostile. How about COD:MW2 for bad DLC - where they make you pay $15 for 4 new maps?!?
  • Aletheon - January 4, 2011 4:27 p.m.

Disagree about Animal Crossing. That game rules, and I played the last game for 6 months.
  • kuroda - January 4, 2011 4:02 p.m.

I think developers should just make the game interesting enough so that people are glad they got to experience it, i've finished mafia 2 in about 10 hours, but damn what an amazing 10 hours it was! I didn't mind spending 60 bucks on it. First make a good game, after that and only if it's optional, think of ways to give your buyers more reasons to stay in the world you created. after finishing Mafia 2 I did search for the playboys though... cause you know... boobs.
  • EdDeRs1 - January 4, 2011 3:26 p.m.

hey, i liked the fallout 3 DLC
  • Crabhand - January 4, 2011 3:06 p.m.

Man did Pokémon's stat tweaking and breeding ever nail it. I had a box full of Tyrogue from trying to get one with the right nature and ability to make the perfect Hitmonchan (which I never actually followed through on). But none of it felt boring, and that's the key. I've dumped hundreds of hours into Pokémon games but struggle to make other games last.
  • netlatnu - January 4, 2011 2:57 p.m.

I was under the impression that most people didn't like the green star challenges in SMG2 because they felt like filler and were repetitive. I thought they were great and gave you a chance to really search the levels. and appreciate all there was to their design. Also, that @$%^ last star does take seven hours to get, but I had fun every minute of it. I also like the luigi mode in SMG, though, because it gave me an excuse to replay the game, which isn't that bad of a thing when the game is Super Mario Galaxy.
  • pin316 - January 4, 2011 2:42 p.m.

it can't just be me that's getting a bit tired of zombies...i mean, for a while it was fun, but it's starting to get a bit 'samey'. You can tell that some devs do it just because it's the in-thing to do rather than put any genuine effort into it (Red Dead beingg an exception - i was really dubious when i heard about it but it's a very solid add-on) rankings and bonus modes for me are the way forwards..i completely agree with the Bayonetta comments, that game is awesome in it's own right but the quest for shiny level rankings adds a whole additional degree of goodness. Stuff like Horde/Firefight is nice as well, especially when it's properly supported by the devs with special event weekends and/or challenges/achievements.
  • myguyfromthe80s - January 4, 2011 2:42 p.m.

Or you can be follow the Blizzard rule and make the game NEVER-ENDING!
  • Clovin64 - January 4, 2011 2:37 p.m.

Now I feel like a rubbish noob for my pathetic amount of crappy trophies in Bayonetta. And thanks for reminding me how frightningly deep and hardcore Pokemon really is. Thanks a bunch. New Years Resolution: Get good at games.
  • iSuperNova77 - January 4, 2011 2:24 p.m.

I have to agree with EnragedTortoise1, I loved playing through SMG again as Luigi. I got all 242 stars as well. I don't think I would have played through the game again if it wasn't for Luigi.
  • Ilyere - January 4, 2011 2:21 p.m.

Haha, Animal Crossing! I used to play that religiously every day. Anyway, that last one should be 'Add zombies to every game'. I'm getting tired of seeing DLC everywhere...
  • bellium - January 4, 2011 2:01 p.m.

Nice article, keep up the good work :)
  • EnragedTortoise1 - January 4, 2011 1:14 p.m.

But I liked Luigi in SMG... Seriously, I got all 242 stars in the game. 120 with Mario, 120 with Luigi, and the 2 extra bonus galaxy-things. Nice tae have ye back, gamesradah.
  • cronoman66 - January 4, 2011 1:09 p.m.

oh god I remember the ending of NFS:Carbon, literally like taking a dump on top of my 360
  • NESman - January 4, 2011 12:23 p.m.

Great article. How about an article on games that need content added after beating the main story? (Like every Zelda since the first one, for example)