• angelusdlion - November 19, 2011 9:14 p.m.

You want to talk acceptable states of being ripped off? I tipped my xbox over, destroyed my brand spanking new copy of saints row 3. 80 bucks down the drain because Microsoft rushed the system out to beat Sony in what I feel is normal use conditions. Couple that with the fact that I'm on my fifth xbox.. I'm ready to just sell my consoles and go to computer only gaming.
  • SerpentineZERO - November 21, 2011 9:41 p.m.

I keep mine lying down specifically to avoid that problem
  • patbateman17 - November 22, 2011 8:45 a.m.

That's what happens when you play your console vertically like a tool-bag. Normal use conditions don't include playing a horizontal system vertically, no matter how many stands the company produces to make you think otherwise. You'll never see this complaint from people who play their systems like they've always been played (except for Wii of course) - horizontally. Don't blame Microsoft because you're a clumsy moron.
  • patbateman17 - November 22, 2011 8:46 a.m.

This isn't at all the comment I responded to...
  • patbateman17 - November 22, 2011 8:46 a.m.

• O-dawg - November 19, 2011 8:43 p.m.

Does anyone else realize New Vegas was an OBSIDIAN developed game. Bethesda just published it.
  • Fruitbat - November 20, 2011 4:42 p.m.

Same engine and tools though, complete with the same set of bugs.
  • EBAX1 - November 19, 2011 3:34 p.m.

Well i'm at the 35+ mark on my PS3 version, and I only really get bad frame rate drops after playing 4 or more hours in one session. It's annoying, but its a good reminder that I should probably turn the thing off and do something productive. And personally, I'd prefer that Skyrim was the was it is over it being half the size but bug-free.
  • sirdilznik - November 19, 2011 3:01 p.m.

Thank god I'm playing this game on PC (ironic since PC versions of games often wind up being the buggiest, due in no small part to the vast variety of different possible system configurations) and while there are some occasional hilarious graphical glitches (I once became a walking building), overall the game performs quite well on my machine and I've hit no game breaking bugs. This kind of thing though is just unacceptable. It really sucks for PS3 owners. It's pretty pathetic that Valve seems to be the only AAA company capable of releasing a rock solid stable game these days and Bethesda is one of the worst offenders and has been for years (horse armor anyone?).
  • Scoob - November 20, 2011 3:38 p.m.

The beauty of the PC version is that even if Bethesda doesn't come through, the mod community and so strong that any problems the game has will eventually be fixed.
  • pr0tostar - November 21, 2011 1:12 p.m.

The case here is that Bethesda is a developer with a comfort zone that doesn't reach far out of PC developing. Other games end up screwy on PC because their developer only has console tools and outsourced the porting to amateurs. Beth needs to lurn some PS3or just sign exclusively with Microsoft -.-
  • ThePrivateer - November 19, 2011 2:55 p.m.

For Dave's next article: "Why my opinions are facts and you are all idiots"
  • LTS - November 19, 2011 2:38 p.m.

Fallout New Vegas was hell because of this. It was relatively stable at first, and really, only got bad once you got the second DLC pack. If Skyrim is like this at launch, may god have mercy on your soul.
  • HeavyTank - November 19, 2011 12:10 p.m.

Wow, sounds like you folk are pretty mad.Then again, I would be too if that happened to me on a console. At least PC bugs, even if they're not adressed by Bethesda themselves, can be fixed by the poor modding community...console bugs like these mean that you're pretty much screwed :(
  • TurtleAssasin33 - November 19, 2011 10:25 a.m.

I'm sorry, but this is completely stupid. every single god damn article on skyrim before this has been you guys getting a hard on about one thing or another in skyrim, and now this? what you're doing is trying too hard to be a critic. i understand part of your job is to find a problem with games, but you've done a bad job at it. the lag only happens after LONG sessions of gameplay (8 hours+). really? thats understandable if anything. so you're complaining like a child who can't play his favorite game because he;s been on too long, which is stupid and unprofessional. and for the record, I have a ps3, I've played long sessions of Skyrim, and i haven't had it happen to me once. maybe next time try to think before you post such a stupid article
  • Jayseph - November 19, 2011 10:56 a.m.

Steady on fella, there's dozens if not hundreds of people complaining about this issue, not just this article. Just because you've been lucky enough to avoid he problem doesn't necessarily make the article stupid or a waste of time.
  • ngrjones - November 19, 2011 11:09 a.m.

YOU FOOL he's talking about the total amount of hours played on the game over multiple sessions, not playing the game for 30 hours in one sitting
  • jgreene6 - November 19, 2011 12:10 p.m.

This lagging literally happens right after it finishes loading from the start screen.
  • Fro4show - November 19, 2011 12:20 p.m.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe that he was saying that after an accumulated total playtime of 25+ hrs it begins to lag, not in one sitting of course.
  • william-terence-nicholls - November 19, 2011 12:24 p.m.

I signed up just to reply to your comment Mr Turtle Assassin. I'm sorry but I've devoted 40 hours into the game and each session was about 4-5 hours a day. My filesize is currently 9mb and I started getting a drop in framerates around 5mb. Back at 5mb I was able to play just fine as long as I reset the PS3 after 3 hours. This no longer works and the framerates drop after just 20 minutes. I can no longer play it as it has become a slideshow. I'm not exaggerating, it's broken. The reason it is broken is because something is constantly adding to the PS3's memory so each time the game is loaded up, the memory is instantly filled with my past actions leaving less and less and less space to calculate normal things like distant land meshes and so forth. The sad part is Bethesda never once showed PS3 footage in any trailers or gameshow demos like Eurogamer. They hid this, I'm certain of it and this is only backed up more by Fallout 3 and New Vegas which also experienced this problem. I've paid £40 for a game that doesn't work and I'm waiting for a patch that "might not" fix the problem. There are "hints" the game may never get fixed. If so I've been robbed of £40 and my trust in Bethesda.
  • angelusdlion - November 19, 2011 9:20 p.m.

Your child analogy falls short. This is like a child who's favorite toy breaks after playing with it for 8 hours and might someday be superglued back together.. maybe. I'm trying very hard to not just say "butthurt much?" and contribute something but your nerd rage is making it very difficult.