Suggested Ability: Jet Pack
Where we’re going, we don’t need roads…
Powerhouse is a beautifully varied level, but because most of the routes are susceptible to fire from higher ground it is best to use the jet pack to get around. The jet pack lets you escape danger areas like the central pool and spillway and reach vantage points like the concrete vents and roofs.
Major Weapon Locations
The rocket launcher is in the spillway
Find the grenade launcher in the shower area of the locker room
The gravity hammer lies in the shed
The shotgun rests against a boulder on the cliffside area
The focus rifle lies in the yard, right out in the open
Powerhouse 1st floor
• The concrete vents make for a nice vantage point. They’re hard to get at without a jetpack.
Death from waaay above
• You can stand on any of the high ledges overlooking the spillway. As long as you stay on the very edge, you won’t be prompted to return to the battlefield. Your location will be compromised once you start shooting, so it’s a good idea to bring a rocket launcher up here and wait patiently for one or two good shots. It’s tricky, but you can even perch way up high as seen above.
• The dark corners of the indoor areas like the dormitory and the powerhouse are great ambush points.
• The shower where the grenade launcher rests one of if not the best holdout spot on the map for several different game types, not just slayer. It’s also a perfect place to lie in wait with a gravity hammer.
• Unless you have a quick-kill weapon, only use the roofs to quickly scope out the area. You are a wide open target up there.
• Stay out of the central pool if you can help it. Those who enter are easy targets.
• Much like the central pool, the spillway is a place you don’t want to be. If you’re going for the rocket launcher quickly scope out the above area first then get in and get out quickly.