Looks like Grand Theft Auto IV is doing pretty well down the shops. Who'd have thought? The Xbox Gamerscore blog (so expect it not to mention PS3) has thrown out some official stats about how well the game's going down in the shops and on Xbox Live. Read on for more.
US sales stats:
* Actual MS sales data from last week shows Xbox 360 console sales at retail went up 54% week-over-week as a result of GTA's success
* According to retailers more than 60% of all GTA games sold in the first week were the Xbox 360 version
* Retailers are telling us that the game is attaching strongly to new console sales, with roughly 40% of new consoles selling with a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV
Regarding Xbox Live:
* In the first week, more than 2.3 million people played Grand Theft Auto IV on Xbox Live
* GTA IV is now the number one played game on Xbox Live
* Over the weekend, we saw the Xbox Live service reach 1 million concurrent users
* Gamers have unlocked more than 12 million achievements worth over 100 million gamerscore points in GTA
* Grand Theft Auto IV set a new record for time played, with the average gamer spending more than four hours playing the game on Live in the first week alone
May 8, 2008
Log in using Facebook to share comments, games, status update and other activity easily with your Facebook feed.