More GTA IV information has started to steadily surface as details of Official PlayStation Magazine UK 's first look at the next chapter in Rockstar's crime opus finds its way on to the web. If you want to catch up on what we already know about Grand Theft Auto 's debut next-gen excursion, click here. Otherwise, point your eyes downward and soak up the new knowledge...
• The game is being created collaboratively between Rockstar's New York, San Diego and North (Edinburgh) studios
• Lead character Niko Bellic will be able to explore Roosevelt Island and cross the Brooklyn, Manhattan and Willamsburg bridges. He'll also be able to ride trains
• Forget barren deserts - Rockstar is cramming Liberty City and aiming for a map totally free of pointless spaces
• One of Rockstar's big goals is to eradicate all loading screens once the game is being played, so there will be no action-breaking pauses when entering/exiting buildings etc
• Rockstar's Dan Houser (vice president of creative) says about GTA IV: "It's so much more dense and detailed, not only horizontally but also vertically. It's by far the most ambitious GTA game to date."
• The Mafia will put in an appearance around Liberty City, but they won't be assigned leading roles
• With regards to appearances from familiar GTA faces, Rockstar say that there will be "virtually none"
• Soundtrack is still not confirmed, although what was heard is described as "modern and suits the mood perfectly"
• Concerned about the lack of planes? Don't be - helicopters will definitely feature
• There won't be any option for San Andreas style character customization of main man Niko
• Niko can use his mobile phone to call contacts, as opposed to being limited to receiving incoming calls only
• There will be an element of "romantic involvement" in the story
• There will definitely be online multiplayer
• Niko won't be able to access all buildings
April 30, 2007
Sport & Auto
- About Future
- Digital Future
- Cookies Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Contact Future
© Future US, Inc. 4000 Shoreline Court, Suite 400, South San Francisco, California, 94080. All Rights Reserved.