• gary-snail-boy-mccarthy - April 22, 2014 12:48 p.m.

surely you have forgotten this one from the list Liberi Fatali (Translation) courtesy of one S.Lionheart Fithos lusec wecos vinosec Fithos lusec wecos vinosec Fithos lusec wecos vinosec Wake from your sleep, my children Your cradles no longer exist Wake from your sleep, children of Fate It is not a dream. Arise Discover the garden of Truth With brilliant truth Burn the evils of the world With burning truth Set ablaze the darkness of the world Be strong, children On this fated day Fithos lusec wecos vinosec Fithos lusec wecos vinosec Fithos lusec wecos vinosec Fithos lusec wecos vinosec
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - April 22, 2014 11:17 p.m.

:D yes
  • azarath-alghereties - April 22, 2014 12:46 p.m.

• Kenshiro3 - April 22, 2014 12:36 p.m.

"I would find my slayers, and send them back, whence I came." - Kain Bloodomen: The Legacy of Kain I'm kinda sad not to see that here. :(
  • KarlSieber - April 22, 2014 2:03 p.m.

LOK has some of the best speeches of all time.
  • BaraChat - April 22, 2014 12:33 p.m.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Fallout 3 opening speech. Here's the full version, courtesy of the Fallout wiki : "War. War never changes. Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage. In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of nuclear fire and radiation. But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of human history. For man had succeeded in destroying the world - but war, war never changes. In the early days, thousands were spared the horrors of the holocaust by taking refuge in enormous underground shelters, known as vaults. But when they emerged, they had only the hell of the wastes to greet them - all except those in Vault 101. For on that fateful day, when fire rained from the sky, the giant steel door of Vault 101 slid closed... and never reopened. It was here you were born. It is here you will die. Because, in Vault 101: no one ever enters, and no one ever leaves." Also, anything Andrew Ryan says in the first Bioshock is badass enough for me, especially - and obviously - the famous "A man chooses, a slave obeys."
  • P0ck3tC1am - April 22, 2014 12:08 p.m.

"A poor man will always offer you more than a rich man" The child, Call of Juarez
  • ObliqueZombie - April 22, 2014 12:06 p.m.

GREAT article, and great picks. Video game quotes are the best. I wish I had some one hand to contribute.
  • musashi1596 - April 22, 2014 12:05 p.m.

"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!"
  • Vonter - April 22, 2014 11:41 a.m.

"Through fire justice is served" - Lunar (Mischief Makers)
  • Vonter - April 22, 2014 11:39 a.m.

"I raised you, and loved you. I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life." -- The Boss
  • KarlSieber - April 22, 2014 11:35 a.m.

How are Kain and Raziel from the Legacy of Kain franchise not on this list? Great example right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRZMxCkBv_4 but pretty much any time Kain says anything in any of the games its awesome...
  • Vonter - April 22, 2014 9:48 a.m.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." - Magus
  • Vonter - April 22, 2014 9:46 a.m.

"If there is evil in this world, it lurks in the hearts of men." - Edward D. Morrison
  • RingoAlfonso - April 22, 2014 9:40 a.m.

" I think belief could even unmake me, if I believed it enough" -The Nameless One.
  • CitizenWolfie - April 22, 2014 4:33 a.m.

I like Augustine's (Infamous: SS) line of "Yeah, I'm told that hurts." Just the sheer "don't give a fuck-ness" of it makes me smile. All the more satisfying when you beat her with evil karma
  • NinjaPopsicle - April 22, 2014 4:13 a.m.

“Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, 'love' is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and strangely enough, not many meatbags would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds...” -HK-47 (KotOR)
  • shawksta - April 21, 2014 11:07 p.m.

GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK
  • maedene - April 21, 2014 11:05 p.m.

"Spartans never die, they're just missing in action."
  • Ellesar925 - April 21, 2014 10:45 p.m.

What No Greywardens!!!!. You have failed this list