• sweetchiliheat - September 20, 2013 12:33 p.m.

Always glad to vote for these, knowing some of the games I pick don't have a chance. Some games (like Bioshock Infinite or GTAV) I just don't like, in which I'm the minority. Others I haven't played, and likely won't get around to (like the Last of Us). Regardless, my GOTY would easily be Fire Emblem: Awakening. I put FAR too many hours into that game, and enjoyed every one of those hours.
  • g1rldraco7 - August 30, 2013 8:51 p.m.

Well I voted, hope my votes made a difference.
  • Zeedar - August 30, 2013 6:37 a.m.

Why is GTA V running for GOTY when it isn't even out yet? I'm convinced it's gonna be great, but I'm not going ot vote for a game I haven't even played yet.
  • SakisGamer - August 30, 2013 7:13 a.m.

By October 25th it will be out ;)
  • taokaka - August 29, 2013 10:56 p.m.

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha! You have me in stitches, tomb raider better than the last of us AKA the greatest game ever! Game of all the Years! FuCkInG AmAzInG hesuhtrkthu iktl5 reiesrhblhio8g !!!!!!!!!!!! Let me just compose myself I'm currently rolling on the floor laughing but somehow still typing. You're in the wrong profession mate, have you tried becoming a comedian. In summary I think the last of us is a pretty decent game. Also I hate having to choose between persona and fire emblem for best handheld title.
  • Spectral - August 30, 2013 6:57 a.m.

Calm your tits man, how can you expect that a game played by 1/3 gamers to be the best?I personaly liked the game for 1 hour of game but after seeing that Ellie it's the only immune thing to a virus I felt like I watch a copy after a movie so I left it.
  • taokaka - August 30, 2013 7:03 p.m.

Did you not even read my comment? "hesuhtrkthu iktl5 reiesrhblhio8g !!!!!!!!!!!!" You can't win against that logic.
  • Swedish_Chef - August 29, 2013 9:01 p.m.

I'm salty that MGR:R isn't an option for game of the year. Guess I'll just vote for Fire Emblem instead then. as for the other sections. Most Wanted: Smash Wii U (runner up: Destiny) Best Indie Game: Guacamelee! Best Newcomer: The Walking Dead. Best Handheld: Fire Emblem Awakening (I actually think P4:Golden is a better game overall but I give FE the point here since P4 isn't a new game). Best Platform: Steam (runner up: 3DS). Best Storytelling: The Walking Dead. Best Mobile/Tablet Game: X-COM Enemy Unknown (runner up: Punch Quest). Best Online: I dunno. =( Innovation of the Year: Oculus Rift. Best Studio: TellTale Games. Best Visual Design: Toss up between Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us, Halo 4 and Ni No Kuni. Best Gaming Moment: Metal Gear Rising Revengance DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SENATOR!!! Best Youtube Gamer Award: Smooth McGroove.
  • supaMcnugget - August 29, 2013 4:49 p.m.

I voted for Ni No Kuni. I adored the art, the music, the story, the gameplay system....practically everything about it oozed with excellence and grace. I know it won't win, but I had to give it a chance. Surprisingly, I voted that I was more excited for the new Smash Bros. than the PS4. Hey, I love me some Smash.
  • masterjoe123 - August 29, 2013 2:32 p.m.

Fire Emblem Awakening was amazing! It's not game of the year material, but it was still the best 3ds game so far.
  • MaskedPheasant - August 29, 2013 12:01 p.m.

GTA V is going to get absolutely shafted by this. It will rightfully receive few votes as it is not out, hence no one will have played it and because the nominators haven't played it either it isn't eligible for any other awards. As it has already received a nomination this year it won't be eligible for 2014, when it should be. Only games released before the day voting begins should be eligible.
  • MaskedPheasant - August 29, 2013 11:52 a.m.

There must have been a mistake: on Best Gaming Platform I can't see Origin or GfWL anywhere.
  • Sjoeki - August 29, 2013 11:49 a.m.

The gameplay of Bioshock Infinite was not what I expected but story wise it is right up there with The Walking Dead, how can I choose between them?
  • Clovin64 - August 29, 2013 9:35 a.m.

Tomb Raider is probably in my top 5 for this year, but Fire Emblem: Awakening was my GOTY choice. It even pipped The Last of Us for me, if only just.
  • shawksta - August 29, 2013 9:17 a.m.

I'm Impressed Pikmin 3 actually made in the GOTY category Nintendo direct is an innovation!? XD Intelligent systems as studio of the year? Yeah sure, lets ignore Paper Mario Sticker Star and Game and Wario only because Fire Emblem Awakening was good. Mirror of fate and Liberation? They were meh, better games could've taken that spot. I'm only sour over how Mario Kart 7 wasn't in the racing Category but was in handheld last year otherwise this year's nominees are great.
  • JarkayColt - August 29, 2013 9:01 a.m.

Every year, I've felt as though I'm not really in much of a position to vote on this. In most categories I'm lucky to have played either one or two of the games listed. It just doesn't feel fair to make a judgement when you haven't even assessed the quality of the competition. I know it's not deadly serious or anything but it just doesn't feel right when you're just voting for the stuff you know, haha. I didn't even want to vote for the best console. XD WHY MUST WE CHOOOOOSE
  • GR_AndyHartup - August 29, 2013 8:37 a.m.

The trolling bit was me suggesting that there is absolutely no debate about Tomb Raider being GOTY. Personally, I love it. And actually, I did vote for LBP Vita as best handheld game...
  • BladedFalcon - August 29, 2013 8:33 a.m.

Also, Best moment of the year? "Don't Fuck with this Senator" That is all. (And Kudos to Smooth McGroove for making the nominations of best gamer, voted for him because his acapellas are a thing of beauty.)
  • Swedish_Chef - August 29, 2013 8:45 p.m.

You have no idea how happy it makes me that I'm not the only person who chose that. Smooth as well.