• ThatOneHobo - October 26, 2012 12:36 p.m.

So many things wrong with this. Slender? Really? League of Legends isn't even an MMO. How did a Mortal Kombat rerelease beat P4A? How is the Throat of the World even remotely memorable? Minecraft beat Walking Dead? And lastly, why the hell do people think Skyrim is good at ALL? It had good parts, the physical combat was probably the best in any TES game, but the magic and skills were dumbed down, the story sucked and had a terrible ending, and the dungeons and environments were bland and repetitive. I barely clocked forty hours into it before I stopped because I was so bored. And even then I only played that much because I was determined to finish the main quest (huge mistake). I can see it being fun for the first twenty or so hours. But all these people acting like it is the god of every RPG ever? These people who clock 300 plus hours into it? These people who place it among the top ten greatest games of all time? I just don't see how it is even remotely close. Same goes for Minecraft. I know it is a public opinion award, but man, public opinion sucks.
  • potpan0 - October 26, 2012 9:19 p.m.

You put 40 hours into Skyrim and you are calling it poor? How many other games can you put at least 40 hours into (not including online) in general? Also, you have to admit, the dungeons were much more varied and interesting compared to Oblivion, even though the magic was dumbed down.
  • Apastron - October 27, 2012 6:48 a.m.

Twisted Metal's a racing game now. Because there are cars in it.
  • ZiltoidTheOmniscient - October 26, 2012 4:40 p.m.

I don't normally like joining the complaining masses...but the Best Gaming Moment of 2012 is "climbing a mountain"? Really? When you had the absolutely shocking ending of Arkham City and the multiple heavily emotional scenes of Mass Effect 3 pitted against it? I mean...really??
  • Viron - October 26, 2012 5:09 p.m.

All I saw was "games with wide appeal and average quality win a popularity contest"
  • Apastron - October 27, 2012 6:46 a.m.

Glad my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.
  • BottleBank - October 27, 2012 10:31 a.m.

I love the fact Skyrim still got voted Game of the Year despite being buggy. Speaks volumes as to how good the actual game is. I'm glad it won. However, I might not have been so pleased if i'd bought it on PS3.
  • Thedigitalg - October 27, 2012 11:36 a.m.

Weird, the only ones I agree with are Civ V and Arkham City. Also, Day9 should win YouTube gamer every single year!
  • DonaBrown22 - October 27, 2012 1:37 p.m.

I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss. This is what I do, http://Max14.com
  • marley-booth - October 27, 2012 7:03 p.m.

ummm.. seriously fifa 12 over nba 2k12? and what a memorable gaming moment climbing a mountain the only thing i agree on here is forza 4 being the best racer