• robotdickens - October 10, 2012 4:05 a.m.

It's all about Skyrim. Beautiful visuals, an enthralling mod community, engaging and gripping story that spanned across three different games, the attention to detail and despite the rough start, it only got better and the developer was insistent on making it better as time passed.
  • taokaka - October 10, 2012 4:11 a.m.

Tough call, firstly I would have liked to have seen tales of graces f make the list, I certainly wouldn't have voted for it though due to its competition being skyrim and mass effect 3. FF XIII-2 doesn't quite make the cut due to the problems with its story and backtracking while the witcher 2 just doesn't quite make it due to the tinsey tiny problem that I still haven't even installed it on my computer yet. So down to ME3 and Skyrim, in the end I had more fun with my argonian ranger than Commander Shepard.
  • crazor89 - October 10, 2012 4:34 a.m.

Definitely the toughest category yet...Big Mass Effect fan, yet it has to be Skyrim for me. Despite its issues, I've poured well over 100 hrs into the game. A fantastic experience.
  • jackthemenace - October 10, 2012 4:41 a.m.

Yeah, I'd have to go for Skyrim. I know it wasn't quite as good as Oblivion, IMO at least, but out of the games on the list I've played, it definitely ranked as the best.
  • Mooshon - October 10, 2012 5:09 a.m.

Absolutely has to be Dark Souls; unrivalled game play, atmosphere and depth. The strongest category this one, won by Skyrim no doubt.
  • winner2 - October 10, 2012 5:32 a.m.

It's between Dark Souls and Skyrim for me. I think I'll go with Dark Souls just because there is that sense of badassery when you beat a particularly hard boss.
  • BladedFalcon - October 10, 2012 5:38 a.m.

Dark Souls. Easily, and it's actually a challenging game, unlike skyrim.
  • Szethius - October 10, 2012 7:40 a.m.

Easily Dark Souls I have to say. Difficulty, replay-ability, etc.
  • Fhiend - October 10, 2012 8:03 a.m.

Going with Skyrim. I have tried to play Witcher 2 like 4 times but I just can't get into it. I didn't like Dark Souls or FF13-2. Still haven't finished ME3. Actually, the rpg I PLayed the most this year so far was......FF6.
  • samsneeze - October 10, 2012 9:01 a.m.

Out of everything on the list, Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls are the only two that immediately jump out. I'll go with Dragon's Dogma this year, simply because it was a surprisingly great game. Also, lol at Skyrim.
  • yaswanth - October 10, 2012 9:21 a.m.

Difficult pick for me among skyrim and dark souls. Ok I will go with Skyrim.
  • Ronnie-_- - October 10, 2012 9:39 a.m.

Hmmmm, tough choice between The Witcher 2 and Dark Souls. On one hand you have The Witcher 2 with an incredible choice-driven story, deep, satisfying RPG combat, excellent voice acting, and meaningful characters. Then you have Dark Souls, which has some of the best atmosphere in gaming, NG+ and NG++, a sense of real accomplishment when you defeat one of the bosses, and an absolute badass for a main character. Hmmmm, tough choice indeed, I'm going to have to go with Dark Souls.
  • RebornKusabi - October 10, 2012 10 a.m.

Hands-down Dark Souls, Skyrim was goddamn boring to me. Second place would be The Witcher 2.
  • Talvari - October 10, 2012 11:52 a.m.

Would have to be between Dark Souls, FFXIII-2 and Xenoblade for me. I appreciate what skyrim did but in the end the main questline still leaves a lot to be desired so that cuts it from the list for me. Probably go with Xenoblade because it's the first JRPG in a while that actually seemed to have a lot of love poured into it. Can't wait for their Wii U title :D
  • Sjoeki - October 10, 2012 11:57 a.m.

ME 3 has to be my pick, people can bitch about the ending as much as they want but they seem to forget the 40 + hours that constantly reminded people of the choices they made in the previous games. And every mission gave me the feeling that I was taking part in something bigger then myself. Not much games pulled that off.
  • jacob-m-hill - October 10, 2012 12:20 p.m.

I have to Go with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
  • TwinHallow - October 10, 2012 12:57 p.m.

It is between Skyrim or ME3 for me there so different though so its hard to choose.
  • TwinHallow - October 10, 2012 1:02 p.m.

Wait I change my mind if you have Skyrim for PC there is ENDLESS things to do don't like the Quests Theres a Mod for that think the games to easy Theres a Mod for that want more wepons armors and spells Theres a Mod for that want to play in super mario bros world Theres a Mod for that! lol pretty much any thing you can think of someone has created a mod for it.
  • Sjoeki - October 10, 2012 1:59 p.m.

I'm not saying that Skyrim is a bad game (haven't played it) but should it win if someone other then the creators of the game put a lot of time and effort in it to get the game they wanted? Again, I'm not saying it's a bad game, and it might be a shame that I missed it but I was just wondering about that.