24 hour Marathon Giveaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: This promotion (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by FUTURE US, INC., 4000 Shoreline Court, Suite 400, South San Francisco, CA 94080, subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to Twitter account owners who
are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, except
where prohibited or restricted by law. Entrants
must have attained the age of majority in their state of residence at time of
entry, and possess a valid form of unexpired government-issued photo
identification. Invalid or ineligible
entries shall be excluded from consideration. Employees of Sponsor, its respective parents,
subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production
agencies, any companies who are promotional participants or prize providers,
web masters and web suppliers, and the foregoing employees’ household or
immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or
grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By their submission of entry, entrants warrant
they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission, either on
their own behalf, or as to information submitted upon the express authorization
of another on whose behalf the information is submitted. In the event of a dispute as to the winner’s
identity for online entries received from multiple users having the same email
account, entries will be deemed made by the authorized subscriber of the mail
account associated with the entry. The
authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email
address by the internet service provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or
other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
3. TIMING: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. Pacific time on
8/24/2012, and ends at 11:59 a.m. Pacific time on 8/25/12 (“Sweepstakes
Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the
official time clock for the Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter by “Retweeting” designated tweets sent out by GamesRadar’s official Twitter account ( https://twitter.com/gamesradar).
5. PRIZES AND ODDS:
There will be a
total of 64 prizes available: A code to acquire Sleeping Dogs game on Valve Software’s
Steam network (4 codes available) (ARV $55 each); a copy of Darksiders 2 game (2
PC format, 1 PlayStation3 format, 2 Xbox 360 format available) and 4 winners
will receive 1 additional prize (strategy guide, backpack, and/or game book) (3
prize packages (game + book/strategy guide), ARV $80 each; 1 prize package (game
+ backpack), ARV $70; 1 prize package (game only), ARV $60); a code to acquire
Bastion game on Valve Software’s Steam network (5 codes available) (ARV $15
each); The Walking Dead swag package (t-shirt and poster) (2 prize packages
available) (ARV $10 each); one PlayStation3 Bluetooth headset (ARV $40); 25th
anniversary metallic charms for Street Fighter and Street Fighter lanyards prize
package (25 packages available) (ARV $4 each); a code to acquire Double Fine Bundle of games on Valve Software’s Steam
network (5 codes available) (ARV $30 each); a Pokemon all stars 2 DVD box set
(ARV $25); a copy of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron game (1 PlayStation3
format, 1 Xbox 360 format available) (ARV $60); Naruto Shippuuden bath towel
and Nana wrist bands prize package (ARV $9); a Nana bag (ARV $5); a Kakashi
Chronicles tote bag (ARV $10); a Naruto Shippuuden Messenger bag (3 available)
(ARV $10); a Bleach Messenger bag (ARV $10); a Naruto Shippuuden Itachi
figurine (ARV $5); a Inuyasha the final act Sesshomaru figurine (ARV $5); a
Bleach limited edition DVD box set of season 2 and 3 (ARV $25); Naruto special
limited edition collectable DVD box set of #14 and 16 (ARV $15); a Deathnote
limited edition DVD (ARV $15); a copy of Pro Evo Soccer 2012 game (1 PlayStation3
format, 1 Xbox 360 format available) (ARV $30 each); a copy of Journey
Collections game (2 PlayStation3 format available) (ARV $30 each); a Video Game
Book prize package (ACIII E3 exclusive book, Game of Thrones books, and Halo
Primordium book) (ARV $45); a WWE 13 swag prize package (bag and hoodie) (ARV
$10); a Walking Dead Comic-Con swag prize package (t-shirt, comic and hat) (ARV:
$25); a set of Tactic 3d Wrath Headphones (2 available) (ARV $150 each) or a set
of Tactic Xbox 360 ION headphones (2 available) (ARV $50 each). Sponsor decides what prizes will be awarded for
each hour of the Sweepstakes Period.
The odds of winning will
be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
Prize must be
delivered to address listed on Winner’s confirmation email, and delivery may
take six to eight weeks.
Prizes cannot be
transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash, and must be accepted
as awarded, but Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any prize with a prize
of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for
any reason. Prizes will not be fulfilled
outside the United States and District of Columbia, will not be fulfilled in
Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in
foreign countries, or in any other U.S. territories or possessions, or where
prohibited or restricted by law. Winners
will be responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local) and all expenses
not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any prize. Any person winning $600 or more worth of
prizes from Sponsors in a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099 after the
end of the calendar year in which the prizes were awarded, and copy of such
form will be filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Limit one Prize per household.
6. DRAWING: 64 total winners (individually, a “Winner”)
will be selected in random drawings from the 24 pools of valid eligible retweeters. Drawing will be held on 8/24/12 and 8/25/12. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor(s),
whose decisions on all matters related to the Sweepstakes shall be final and
binding and within their sole discretion.
Winning is contingent upon compliance with all terms and conditions set
forth in these official rules; any entry drawn or any potential winner
identified thereby found at any time to fail to comply with these official
rules will be held invalid and ineligible for award.
7. NOTIFICATION: Each Winner will be notified by direct message
on Twitter by 8/25/12. Each Winner so
notified must complete, execute and return the provided Affidavit, Waiver,
Release and Indemnity Agreement including, where lawful, a Publicity Release
(plus any additional documents required at the discretion of Sponsor(s)), within
three (3) business days of attempted notice of prize award. If a potential winner fails to comply with the
requirements of this paragraph (or if a prize notification or prize is returned
as non-deliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible or not
in compliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited, in which
case the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner by random drawing.
To obtain any legally-required winners list, send a self-addressed envelope with sufficient prepaid postage to: GamesRadar, 24 hour Marathon Giveaway, c/o Future US, Inc., 4000 Shoreline Court, Suite 400, South San Francisco, CA 94080. (Residents of Vermont do not have to include return postage.)
9. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, an entrant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor(s) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising, production and promotion agencies, any companies who are promotional participants or prize providers, web masters and web suppliers, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property (including the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Sweepstakes prize, and/or participation in a Sweepstakes prize-related activity, including any action, claim or liability arising from the unauthorized submission of any information, and/or for any printing, production, technical, typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize.
By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, an entrant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor(s) the right to use, publish, and display a winner’s (and where applicable an entrant’s) name, likeness, city and state, and prize awarded, for the purpose of advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the Web, in perpetuity, without review, notification or approval, and without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Entrants agree that by participating in the Sweepstakes they release the Releasees from any liability in connection with: (a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, unintelligible, non-delivered, stolen, postage due, or misdirected, or the failure to capture any such information; (b) Any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s); (c) Any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, availability, accessibility, miscommunications, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, satellite, computer, telephone, cellular or cable transmissions or lines, or any combination thereof; (d) The unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; (e) Jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; and (f) Damage to en entrant or other person’s system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from the Sweepstakes website, or any combination thereof. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void), and Sponsors reserve the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in this or any other promotion offered by Sponsor. Entries generated by robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified.
Sponsor(s) reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the term and conditions of the Sweepstakes. In the event that the Sweepstakes is infected by a computer virus/worm/bug, or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsor(s) corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor(s) reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at the entry website(s) mentioned above, and winner(s) will be determined solely by Sponsor(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect and/or non-disqualified entries prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsors. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any entrant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE ENTRY WEBSITE(S) MENTIONED ABOVE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH SPONSOR(S). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE ENTRY WEBSITE(S) IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. LAW: Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsors in connection with any drawing or award, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of, the State of California, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any cause of action by you with respect to the offer (and/or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in above. The language in these official rules shall be interpreted as in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with the offer of these official rules shall be brought solely in San Mateo County, California. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extraterritorial service of process.