• hazent - August 13, 2009 5:21 p.m.

mech gyver is gay
  • TheWebSwinger - August 13, 2009 8:27 p.m.

Brandine: Cletus! Not in front of my parents! Cletus: Now, now, hun. They're my parents, too.
  • VMPSaberwolf - August 14, 2009 11:17 a.m.

I remember and owned shadowgate and uninvited. Shadowgate took me years to beat since there were no gamefaqs around then. Got close to beating Uninvited but never did, but saw a walkthru in Nintentdo Power so I at least got to see the ending.
  • MoChilla - August 14, 2009 10:03 p.m.

I swear I heard something like that totoka music in banjo kazooie. Maybe around gruntildas lair?
  • The_Tingler - August 14, 2009 11:12 p.m.

I don't know if the Doom one really counts, as those secret levels were actually Wolfenstein levels and so it's not surprising they share the same music. In Telltale's Sam & Max Season One, the tavern theme from Bone makes an appearance if you find and look at the Barrelhavern Tavern sign.
  • dweller - August 15, 2009 2:39 a.m.

Crap. It took an article for me to put together that a Castlevania tune is in Contra: Hard Corps. Still like the original Vampire Killer better though.
  • wiigamer024 - August 19, 2009 2:48 p.m.

Luigi's Masion is acually where I first heard Tokata's Song, THEN I heard it just about everywhere else...
  • n00b - August 26, 2009 6:45 p.m.

you forgot to say that link's warp song was the base for the opening theme in ocarina of time how could you miss that
  • Jordo141 - August 12, 2009 7:39 p.m.

Mega Man "stole" from Ghosts n Goblins? Not cool. Brett, you must of spent a long time on this article...
  • atomgrad - August 12, 2009 8:15 p.m.

How incredibly esoteric. This is guaranteed to be in the next TDar.
  • ClusterShart - August 12, 2009 8:17 p.m.

Koji Kondo FTW
  • KREATIVEassassin - August 12, 2009 8:38 p.m.

Awesome article. The embedded audio clips are also great.
  • Schnipke - August 12, 2009 8:58 p.m.

The ds remake of ffIV has the same intro song as ffXII and the menu song sounds a lot like the one for ffVII, and no I don't usually pay attention to video game music, I just instantly recognized those tunes.
  • TURbo - August 12, 2009 9 p.m.

Only a man like Brett Elston with Rainman recall memories could do an article like this on videogame soundtracks.
  • beigean - August 12, 2009 9:21 p.m.

King of Dragons: youtube.com/watch?v=vOdUqZ9jX08 Mega Man X - Spark Mandril youtube.com/watch?v=gQ8W5NBFv9Q It sounds like the composer revisited a melody he liked from the older game and updated it to fit Mega Man.
  • linkganon - August 12, 2009 10:02 p.m.

if i listen to any video game music, it has to be an actual song like songs from need for speed, they are actual songs, not special game songs.
  • Unoriginal - August 12, 2009 10:16 p.m.

Love the article Love VG music Love, Love the format of the music articles.
  • yes - August 12, 2009 10:40 p.m.

The warp whistle melody is also Ocarina of Time's title screen song.
  • FETALJUICE - August 12, 2009 11:09 p.m.

Super Mario Bros. 3's Water Land (3rd world) map music sounds extremely similar to any Legend of Zelda's Great Fairy theme.
  • Defguru7777 - August 12, 2009 11:22 p.m.

Cool article. I love game music, but I don't own much of it (Halo, Gears of War, Castle Crashers). I knew about the Halo/Myth one, but I frequent Halo sites a lot.