We Recommend

• FeatherFang - December 10, 2010 10:48 p.m.

Honestly, there were so many great games this year, but I see the lack of Japanese games... I guess it ain't popular with gamesradar (Bayonetta and SSF4, that's it?). Anysways nice GOTY article :)
  • mikeydo00 - December 10, 2010 10:46 p.m.

Nothing to argue about, those are the best games of 2010 no doubt mine is Red Dead Redemption
  • Silentboy - December 10, 2010 10:46 p.m.

It's a dead lock of Red Dead Redemption and Halo Reach for me.
  • addicted2088 - December 10, 2010 10:40 p.m.

Completely agree with both Dave Houghton and Joe Mcneilly. Singularity was a surprisingly fun game, with a very decent story for an FPS. I had a blast playing it. And Joe's right about what an RPG actually means. Never really understood what role a person plays in RPGs where there's no story to speak of, and it's all just about levelling up and looting stuff. If it wasn't for Bioware, we'd be stuck with some pretty bad RPGs. Mass Effect 2, even if not the best game of the year, is surely the best RPG of the year..
  • oryandymackie - December 10, 2010 10:36 p.m.

I concur with Mr Nathan Irvine. Just Cause 2, while not as deep or meaningful as RDR or Mass Effect 2, was a huge game loaded with some A-class Hollywood cinematics and the wow factor which comes with them. A breath of fresh air in a market of games trying to get themselves taken seriously, as Irvine himself says.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - December 10, 2010 10:18 p.m.

@FrozenImplosion I think some have misinterpreted this list. It isn't a list of awards or what we think are the 'best' games of the year, it's a list of our _personal_ favorites. None of us personally fell in love with those games, but that's what the comments are for - to share why they were _your_ favorites.
  • hist - December 10, 2010 10:15 p.m.

Dave's ode to Singularity is what made me buy the game as well. And I loved it! I wouldn't call it my favourite of the year or anything (that's still Red Dead), but it was a kick-ass FPS that was criminally under-promoted.
  • FrozenImplosion - December 10, 2010 10:10 p.m.

While I'm very glad that Singularity made it on, why no Darksiders or Alan Wake? Honestly, Alan Wake, Darksiders, and Singularity don't get nearly enough well deserved love :/
  • WTeen8 - December 10, 2010 9:40 p.m.

So I take it you guys like Red Dead Redemption.....Also, hopefully the issues with SMB's Wii version are fixed soon.
  • yoyoguy - December 10, 2010 9:40 p.m.

i completely agree with the UK boys
  • Strangleme - December 10, 2010 9:37 p.m.

Yes Justin Yes!! Bayonetta motherfucker!!
  • Spybreak8 - December 10, 2010 9:01 p.m.

Oh forgot to say I got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit on day one too and loved the hell out of it!
  • Spybreak8 - December 10, 2010 8:57 p.m.

Thankfully all the games I bought on day one, and pre-ordered on Amazon to get $20 game credit every time, were all good. RDR, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Halo Reach, Starcraft II and Fable III. Well Fable III is the only one out of all of them that I was a little disappointed in but it was still a good purchase at $40 thanks to the $20 credit I got from Reach. Game of the Year's Civ V makes me want to play Civ Rev on my 360 once again as well!
  • doczoidberg - December 10, 2010 8:50 p.m.

Glad to see Just Cause 2 get a nod.... I think it was the best game I played all year...even if its quality isn't so immediately obvious. What a great time I had!
  • EAC73 - December 10, 2010 8:49 p.m.

I agree with mass effect 2 being one of them but no one picking FalloutNV, hmm well im kinda mad that no one did but heh there were a lot of other good games but im still saying FNV is my game of the year
  • NightCrawler_358 - December 10, 2010 8:48 p.m.

I'm very glad to see that BLOPs didn't make it. I enjoyed Red Dead, ME2, and StarCraft 2. Although full of greats, I didn't like 2010 as much as 2009. I'm especially dissapointed with FFXIII that sonnofa great series!
  • DanAmrich - December 10, 2010 8:47 p.m.

Brett, tell me more about the sex friends.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - December 10, 2010 8:45 p.m.

Red Dead Redemption is my favorite game of this generation. I didn't even like westerns before this game. I wasn't even planning on buying it until a week before it's release and I'm so glad I did. I've sunk 100 hours into RDR and Undead Nightmare Single player and 200 hours into multiplayer. I haven't gotten that much out of one game in a long time.
  • BlackElement17 - December 10, 2010 8:41 p.m.

Thanks for using my screen cap from the 24-hour marathon, but that's a picture of Halo 3, not reach.
  • Defguru7777 - December 10, 2010 8:31 p.m.

Halo: Reach is definitely my GOTY. The campaign was fun (not as epic as Halo 3's), the multiplayer and Firefight was awesome, and the Daily Challenges and the Armory keep me coming back for more.