• Azure98 - February 6, 2011 7:10 a.m.

I agree with you Tyler, Civ 5 is AMAZING! It is so addictive. I would turn off the computer to go do something else, and then find myself 5 minutes later back on, cos i need to take Berlin! HAHAHA!
  • jesusfrk15 - January 12, 2011 6:15 a.m.

wooooot mass II and red dead were freaking amazing games! and way to go brett elston. champ!
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - January 7, 2011 1:42 a.m.

I loved Red Dead Redemption the best, although I agree with Lizzie that Halo 2 is the best game ever.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - December 19, 2010 2:28 p.m.

Henry had the right idea.
  • noune - December 18, 2010 7:09 a.m.

It would be good to see FIFA 11 in there because I myself am a major FIFA supporter, it would be good to see games other than shooting games, because they are starting to get old for me, the same story most of the time but sporting games don't have a story, you pick them up score goals or whatever do a victory lap then get your ass handed to you.
  • inSovietRussiaDatesRecallBrettElston - December 15, 2010 1:18 a.m.

but what was buttercup's game of the year? and leopold margarine? and lando lakes?
  • MrSigint - December 14, 2010 9:14 p.m.

I think my game of the year has to go to the Dawn of War 2 expansion "Chaos Rising". I have no idea why, but I cannot stop playing it. Truely a great game.
  • TENAXIS - December 14, 2010 2:38 p.m.

still TF2, loving everymoment of it with more maps and more weapons and more.. HATZZZ its getting fun and fun-er evryday
  • Samael - December 14, 2010 12:28 a.m.

Brett your Mass Effect 2 entry is pure perfection. SEX FRIENDS FOREVER! And I'm glad to know Carolyn is a huge Garrus fan. CALIBRATIONS FOREVER! MASS EFFECT 2 FOR-ok I'll stop now.
  • skyline19 - December 13, 2010 3:27 p.m.

For me it's out of RDR and ME2, but if I had a gun to my head I'd say ME2. I've hammered both games since release, beaten ME2 7 times, and RDR almost 3 times. Both games are an absolute marvel, they make games that are very good indeed such as black ops, reach or Assassins Creed Brotherhood look like rents at best. RDR and ME2 are master of their craft, those games are a piece of art.
  • TJP75 - December 13, 2010 11:42 a.m.

Literally just completed Singularity and loved every second of it. Especially enjoyed the 3 different endings. Activision have really screwed over Raven Software by letting Singularity die on its release.(same goes for Bizarre Creations).
  • foxyexplosion - December 13, 2010 9:36 a.m.

wow im so glad someone agrees that the best halo was halo 2. Lockout, headlong and zanzibar were the coolest levels and I have way too many awesome memories playing that game with friends
  • yangsin20000 - December 13, 2010 5:28 a.m.

Hmmm My GOTY was Medal of Honor (please no flame about it bieng a "CoD rip off MoH Was First 1999 B#tches!) it had a Compelling story great Gameplay and Awesome MP!
  • kachigop - December 13, 2010 12:54 a.m.

RDR had me when I entered Mexico. Coming over the cliff, staring into the glistening sunrise, all with a perfect musical touch. I got chills. *nerdgasm*
  • K9unittp - December 13, 2010 12:24 a.m.

I have to agree with the two tylers, mainly because of my strategy game fetish...
  • humpiedumpie - December 12, 2010 8:32 p.m.

Mass Effect 2 for sure :)
  • BK-201 - December 12, 2010 4:44 p.m.

Singularity was an incredible game, freaked the hell out of me during parts of it though, it had that over Halo's flood missions honestly. It's one of the few games that makes me jump out of my seat while playing it at times, in fact, I don't think any other game has been able to do that. SCII...I love it, it's fun, addicting, and super hard for someone that only recently got into playing RTS's online.
  • spartann30 - December 12, 2010 5:40 a.m.

glad that Super meat boy is in this GoTY list. still waiting for it on wii. personal game of the year has to go to halo reach. because im not conected to Live (Yet), i got to judge on single player and it reminded me of games that didn't rely on multiplayer
  • Zepaw - December 12, 2010 5:38 a.m.

As I expected none have knocked off ME2 for my game of the year. Some wonderfully strong competitors though. I wish Fallout: New Vegas had not been so broken. I loved it so much I played for around 150 hours, but about 50 of those must have been surfing the internet during a load screen.
  • Cheech360 - December 12, 2010 1:18 a.m.

Great article guys! Love the picks. Will probably pick up Super Meat Boy just because of this.