We Recommend

• mattwang - January 6, 2012 11:54 p.m.

You know, I have to agree about the score. Uncharted 3 really was not as good as Uncharted 2. God I hate the cruise ship level.
  • ShowMeYourKitties - January 6, 2012 10:55 p.m.

It's kinda sad that this is going to get a lot of Sony fanboy rage. It doesn't matter how you slant it, a MONTH without online while your main competitor is running strong is not a good thing... Granted, Sony did a great job of making up for the issue and I think they deserve a lot of respect for it, but still, it was a pretty crappy point during the year
  • shawksta - January 6, 2012 10:48 p.m.

Guys, Regardless if Sony did give free games, or if the 3DS got better and gave early Adopters 20 free games, the fact is, those 2 were the Worst Moments this year.
  • egregious - January 6, 2012 9:47 p.m.

Sony gave people free games for not being able to provide an online service. Microsoft has kept their heads in the dirt about their little Xbox Live FIFA account phishing thing going on. Anti-game should be Homefront, where THQ with a straight faced asked people to play a four-hour generic FPS that does nothing different and pay $60 for it. Nice try. I paid $0. No I did not pirate it. That'd be a wasted effort. lol
  • UberNoob - January 6, 2012 11:55 p.m.

Both are still corporations after your money, just like every other one. Though Microsoft is the bigger one out of the two (damn monopolies).
  • GhostNappa2k10 - January 7, 2012 5:31 a.m.

Technically, the whole FIFA phishing situation is not Microsoft's fault, and more the fault of the fools who hand out their personal data in the first place, and end up being involved in the scam.
  • jasoncarter - January 6, 2012 9:44 p.m.

Don't care how much in the minority I am with this one, still love duke nukem forever. There I said it, let the rage come.
  • UberNoob - January 6, 2012 11:56 p.m.

OMFGUNOOBWTFYULIKEDNFOMFGIMGONNAKILLU!1!!!11!!!!1 There's your rage :)
  • GhostNappa2k10 - January 7, 2012 5:31 a.m.

Certainly not the best game I've played, but enjoyable......UNTIL the Hive level. Then it just became tasteless and wrong.
  • FOZ - January 6, 2012 9:42 p.m.

I still don't see how anyone could have fallen for that Dead Island trailer. Absolutely no way the game was ever going to be anything like it. I don't even watch cg trailers because I know how little they'll represent the actual game. The only exception was Human Revolution, because the trailer was incredibly well-done, and actually maintained some of that atmosphere in parts of the game.
  • FauxFurry - January 6, 2012 9:37 p.m.

I can't agree with the PSN hacking entry. Not only did we all get two free games for what ever Sony game system that we owned, we also got some great entertainment out of Penny Arcade who was in rare form during that whole debacle as well as the various online gaming fora and even a little from the different hacking non-groups, especially when they started running for their fallout shelters until the blow-back blows over and the whole tragicomic nature of that farce of an event itself. Best of all, it was a learning experience for the games industry as a whole, one of the best kinds of experience that one can have, isn't it? Unlike the other entries on the list, it wasn't to be missed for the world.
  • kingsmikefan - January 7, 2012 1:43 p.m.

That is the worst defense of Sony I have ever seen.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 6, 2012 9:13 p.m.

Anti-game of the year, eh? I guess I would have to say L.A. Noire. I was really looking forward to it, and was just recently able to get it. After a few hours, I just can't bring myself to touch it. Love the concept, love the facial animation, but holy boring Batman... Aside from that, MW3 is an easy call.
  • Errrrbo - January 6, 2012 9:12 p.m.

I think the "How Did Anyone Think This Was OK" award should target the Hive level specifically, not so much the misogyny as a whole. In DNF, every character is a blatant stereotype and not meant to be taken seriously. Duke, for instance, has an Ego meter, indicating he's meant to be cocky douche. So having the slutty sisters strut around didn't really offend me... BUT, the Hive level is just ridiculous. It's not funny in any way, it's just gross and out of place. I have no idea what the purpose was of a level involving women basically being raped and then exploding.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 6, 2012 9:03 p.m.

No Dragon Age II?
  • Ubnoxish - January 6, 2012 11:17 p.m.

Thats because Hawkes a beast who takes arrows to the knee and doesnt afraid of a thousand bugz.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 6, 2012 11:29 p.m.

Everything about that statement is wrong
  • UberNoob - January 6, 2012 11:52 p.m.

ROFL
  • Ubnoxish - January 9, 2012 10:05 a.m.

DA2 didnt break like Skyrim. It wasnt close to being one of the years worst games because even if the combat was dumbed down and the dlc was bland and boring, it still had a good story and reletivly fun gameplay. If youre mad its not on a list of the WORST games of 2011, thats just because you hate developers trying new things. If you want, we can all go back to playing Pong for you.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 9, 2012 12:11 p.m.

There's nothing fun about tapping A over and over again and then having forced gay sex Also comparing every game to the lowest common denominator is pretty silly. Maybe it's more comparable to a shitty version of Devil May Cry?