• codystovall - November 2, 2011 6:46 a.m.

Jurassic park Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL and whats this...jaws? awesome.
  • RabidZombies - November 2, 2011 5:47 a.m.

Tons of great games releasing this month! The game I'm mostly looking forward to is Skyrim. I can't wait to fireball a dragon in the face!
  • SilentTee - November 2, 2011 5:21 a.m.

Assassins Creed: Revelations and Saints Row. That's all I care about and the only 2 I will be buying right away.
  • TheSatur9 - November 2, 2011 12:20 a.m.

"Date Here" ?
  • cwdd47 - November 1, 2011 9:54 p.m.

Skyrim will be my only buy for the rest of the year. I already have limited time for gaming (shakes fist at family and work) and I know Skyrim will take up ALL my time. At least I'll have plenty of games to pick up used in a few months, mainly Revelations and Skyward Sword.
  • playswithsquirrels - November 1, 2011 9:22 p.m.

Is it absurd to think Skyward Sword could be a darkhorse for GOTY?
  • BladedFalcon - November 1, 2011 10:21 p.m.

Yep. I mean, not doubting that it will be amazing. But I'd be genuinely surprised if it topped Portal 2, Skyrim, Arkham City and/or Dark Souls. To be fair, it's honestly gonna boil down in taste, owners that only have a Wii no doubt will consider Skyward sword as their GOTY for obvious reasons. But there is seriously a ton of outstanding games this year (Not just the ones I mentioned, which are my own personal favorites, excluding skyrim as I haven't played it just yet, but i really doubt I wouldn't love it.)
  • shawksta - November 1, 2011 11:19 p.m.

Really it does boil down to taste for everyone but overall you need to take everything and see what they did. 2010's Game of the years were Mass Effect 2, Red Dead and Galaxy 2, with each succeeding in their own way and even though Galaxy 2 was ignored most of the year after its release it wasnt forgotten that it was majorly awesome. I expect no less from 2011, Skyward sword will most definitly be one of the contenders for Game of year along with all the great games this year. Just because its on Wii doesnt mean it cant be Outstanding compared to everything.
  • BladedFalcon - November 2, 2011 6:15 a.m.

Never said that Skyward Sword can't be outstanding compared to anything else. Just that for a lot of people that only mainly a Wii, it's obviously gonna be their pick. And see, putting it up there with the best games of 2011 is much more plausible. Considering Nintendo's seal of quality when it comes to their games. It's just, I can't see it being the unanimous winner for GOTY, specially because personally, there are a few things that just for being a Zelda game, i know already what to expect, and in what areas it will be lacking. Story, for example. Not suggesting the story will suck overall, but that frankly, Zelda games have never been known for their deep, compelling stories. And in that regard, I don't see it beating Portal 2 or Arkham City. Which again, it honestly just boils down to personal opinion, I put too much emphasis on the story and characters of a game than a lot of other people do. And for a lot of people, they think Portal 2 CAN'T be a GOTY simply because they judge it for it's length, which in turn, is a non-Issue for me.
  • shawksta - November 2, 2011 8:50 a.m.

I hear you, Portal 2 is awesome despite its "Short length". Its easy to understand by which your saying but you seem to be misguided, one of the major arks of Zelda IS its story,especially the console games,specifically Ocarina,Majora,Wind waker,and Twilight. Skyward's Swords is most interesting as its much different now and Zelda isnt taking the roll of a princess. But I see where your coming from to think that. In a respective sense, Every great game this year is a contender for game of the year, everyones opinions are their personal judge.
  • playswithsquirrels - November 12, 2011 2:40 p.m.

I hear what you guys are saying. Everyone has their opinion and there are tons of great games out there this year. My purpose in asking the question was really to say, "This could be the best game no one is talking much about." Not that it isn't getting attention, but compared to the likes of Skyrim, Revelations, even Arkham City to an extent (at least on TalkRadar), it hasn't been given much. In the end, I'm sure it will be like any other Zelda in that it will be some people's favorite, some people's least favorite, and fall in the middle for plenty more. Such is the beauty of the franchise, in my opinion.
  • shawksta - November 1, 2011 11:27 p.m.

To be Honest, Not really. Look at Mario galaxy 2, after its release, its been completely ignored for allot of games but ended being in the Top 3 games of 2010.
  • Net_Bastard - November 1, 2011 9:08 p.m.

Serious Sam 3? Minecraft Final? How could you forget those?
  • HamsterGutz - November 1, 2011 8:38 p.m.

There is a conspicuous lack of Serious Sam 3 in this list.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 1, 2011 8:37 p.m.

A few of these have gained my interest. Obviously Sonic is a buy as soon as I can, I want Arkham as well (I still need the first). F*ck I am still behind in the October games, I need to catch up before I hit the November line up. Just of curiosity, what is the appeal of the oblivion series, especially Skyrim? I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I know some die hard fans, but coming from a guy who hasn't played them, I don't know why the game is so loved. No disrespect, just wondering.
  • MidianGTX - November 2, 2011 8:51 a.m.

Oblivion and Skyrim are part of the Elder Scrolls series... and to cut a very long story short, they're loved because they're freakin' huge and crammed with quality content. Personally I only played about 30 hours of Oblivion, but I believe the people who say they managed 400+ without really seeing everything the game has hidden away.c
  • lilspooky - November 1, 2011 8:19 p.m.

Skyrim consumes all!!
  • Fox_Mulder - November 1, 2011 9:24 p.m.

^^^ I second this.
  • EBAX1 - November 1, 2011 7:55 p.m.

Got UC3 today, am buying Saints Row on the 15th, waiting for Skyrim until Christmas, because I WILL NOT have time to play it over everything else I bought in October-November
  • hester2 - November 1, 2011 7:54 p.m.

CPA exam November 10, 6 vacation days left to burn...and I'll be spending them in Skyrim.