We Recommend

• seanpolley - October 25, 2012 7:42 a.m.

Resident Evil. It doesnt get too much worse than a simple "YOU ARE DEAD"
  • MysterEnygma - October 24, 2012 2:11 p.m.

It didn't really insult but the Mass Effect game over screen. Something about that music and the rotating camera that it's like "you know what, **** you game"
  • Sjoeki - October 24, 2012 1:08 p.m.

What about the games that suggest that maybe you should try the game at a lower difficulty, reminding you that it doesn't affect the gameplay, it just makes you stronger or the enemies weaker. That is just a slap in the face. Specially games with a fixed camera where you have to make jumps without a good view.
  • Fox_Mulder - October 24, 2012 12:20 p.m.

Love the SOTN Game Over screen. It had Drac laughing at you.
  • anxman90 - October 24, 2012 9:12 a.m.

The Demolition man game on the 3DO had Sylvester Stallone pop up and call you names if you died, that definitely deserves a mention!
  • KA87 - October 24, 2012 8:18 a.m.

RE4/5/6. They make you watch your character die a gruesome death and then "Continue?". Oh yes, I just want to watch leon lose his head to a chainsaw again or watch Sherry have a giant slug pop out of her chest. Although, watching noobs get killed by snow or by big ugly 20 times in Chapter 2 of Jake's quest is still funny.
  • KidJustKid - October 24, 2012 7:05 a.m.

I genuinely got scared by the Tarzan one as a kid
  • archnite - October 24, 2012 6:24 a.m.

I really like the death screen for the original Jak and Daxter, sort of like Arkham but with Daxter pleading with you to get up or making a joke at your expense. You thought you were hot, guess what your not! YOU ARE DEAD, DEAD, DEAD.
  • zerogeek - October 24, 2012 3:59 a.m.

This sob right here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q7xFKtRj5g Ninja Gaiden arcade game Continue screen, also present on the home computers port. Ick.
  • Boonehams - October 24, 2012 7:31 a.m.

Exactly what I was going to post. It scared the crap out of me when I first saw it as a kid. "AH! AHHHH! I HAVE TO CONTINUE! NOOOOO!!!"
  • Rambo 11 - October 23, 2012 11:43 p.m.

I'd have to say Halo multiplayer. There's nothing worse than being moments away from breaking a tie only to hear those timeout beeps followed by that smug ass voice saying GAME OVER as some foulmouthed ten year old teabags your corpse.
  • Satchurated - October 23, 2012 8:52 p.m.

I'm surprised you didn't do Crash Bandicoot 2 where Cortex would laugh at you and switch between stink eyes. That one scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.
  • Mad Cupid - October 23, 2012 8:51 p.m.

Red Alert has one if you fail it shows a tombstone with Tanya Adams on it meaning you totally failed and you suck
  • winner2 - October 23, 2012 8:49 p.m.

I had a total flashback at the Tarzan picture. That was kind of morbid and soul crushing to me when I played it as a kid.
  • Scoob - October 23, 2012 8:33 p.m.

I was expecting to see the Ninja Gaiden arcade version game over screen. Nothing worse than seeing the clock countdown while a buzz saw is slowly decending on a bound player who is surrounded by creatures: http://youtu.be/LVz9__a8x-I
  • Mad Cupid - October 23, 2012 7:56 p.m.

Fallout 1's game over screen was just like Fallout 2's game over screen they knew how to make you feel horrible if you died. But In the game Sega Rally for Dreamcast if you lost you would get a game over screen where a guy would sing "Game Over Yeah!!!!!!!". It kind of rubbed it in your face but it was more funny then harsh and you sometimes would lose to see the game over screen.
  • Arix - October 23, 2012 7:19 p.m.

The game over in Croc got me. It's not gruesome, mocking, or anything of the such. Just the way the poor little guy slumps his head in defeat and calmly, silently walks away...