• rohanbeviss - May 27, 2010 7:03 a.m.

what about league of legends? i spose thats not an mmo but its got really good graphics, great gameplay and its free... no, i not an advertiser for it :P
  • zanthox - May 27, 2010 6:01 a.m.

Guild Wars is really good, I played it for a few years before I realized I was missing out on so many other games... It really is a great looking MMO.
  • tuomotaivainen - May 27, 2010 5:37 a.m.

Now what you DONT see is the resolution the video settings are as well as what I think is the anti-aliasing.
  • DavidELDiablo - May 27, 2010 5:30 a.m.

WoW's graphics are more accessible and while they are not HD and have a trillion little pixels for each square micrometre, but they are still lovely to look at and give you that sense that it is a fantasy game. Take a stroll through Ashenvale Forest of Eversong Woods you'll see what I mean. Halo 3 for example may "suck" graphics wise compared more realistic looking MW:2 but every company has their own style of art, and Blizzard's style works well.
  • shyfonzie - May 27, 2010 4:44 a.m.

All I have to sayy is Free Realms and it's stupid squirrel can go kill itself. Nice article though, T-Nag!
  • GamesRadarTylerNagata - May 27, 2010 4:13 a.m.

@mgkyo666 I would like to recommend PC Gamer's Builder's Bible. It's still on newsstands and is a great beginner's guide for anyone who wants to build their own gaming rig. I would also recommend checking out PC Gamer's forum on our site. Let everyone know what your budget is and what you're looking to do with your system. They are very helpful. http://bit.ly/dC24Vn
  • Spybreak8 - May 27, 2010 4:02 a.m.

Gah the day I uninstall Guild Wars I read this article. I need to show my friend who keeps telling me why it's smart to pay money monthly for WoW this article. Haha well off to play some more RDR again. I did bookmark Allods though.
  • PhantomDave - May 27, 2010 4 a.m.

It really doesn't take anything to run Allods cranked specs-wise, and it still looks that much better than WoW. Allods really does look amazing. As far as gameplay, there have been some recent tweaks to it's UI and what have you making it more smooth than when it launched, but it's a pretty good game. For a free game it's well worth a try. The Arisen alone are worth the price of admission. LOL As for Guild Wars....something about that game just never caught on with me. Graphically it's amazing in a quasi-emo sort of way, but I don't know...I never got into it.
  • Gobblemeister - May 27, 2010 3:18 a.m.

Higher Graphics quality also means it takes a tougher PC to handle it. I don't think a PC as basic as mine could play something more graphically powerful than WOW.
  • JohnyApplesperm - May 27, 2010 3:01 a.m.

Allods is imo better than wow, it also has a cool steampunk/teslapunk look. also, the league can suck my Johny Applenuts, FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!
  • theschwartzb - May 27, 2010 2:45 a.m.

Good graphics =/= good game.
  • CrashmanX - May 27, 2010 2:35 a.m.

@Jubileo you do realize that those are for the unreleased Cataclysm correct? As in WoW doesnt look like that for the general public yet.
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 27, 2010 2:04 a.m.

Nice PC specs. MMO's are a goddamned waste of time: after years of investment, your character is more of a responsibility rather than an escape from the real world. I'll take a 60 buck game over an MMO any day.
  • mgkyo666 - May 27, 2010 1:56 a.m.

I wanna play Guild Wars and Allods! Tyler, any advice on what PC I should purchase since I'm pretty sure my old, slightly broken(nicknamed "Old Bastard") PC just wont do.
  • HunterX - May 27, 2010 1:28 a.m.

Nice list Tyler, I have one more to add to your list. Perfect World International.
  • GamesRadarTylerNagata - May 27, 2010 1:26 a.m.

Updated the last page with an image of the video settings screen along with details about the rig we used to run WoW when capturing assets for this article.
  • GameCraze - May 27, 2010 1:18 a.m.

Agreeably, Allods Online is really epic graphic-glory. Idk, no offense to people who play WoW, but the game has been associated with those who are addicted to videogames with no lives. Other videogames can have other impacts. No one where I live ever calls a person a nerd for playing Modern Warfare 2... Strange world we live in.
  • Jubileo - May 27, 2010 1:09 a.m.

I know you need to write stories, but in all honesty either you are on a crappy computer or simply intentionally pasting crappy low reso pics of WOW.. Links below show the true grahpics of WOW http://www.worldofraids.com/gallery/image/530-lost-isles/
  • TheHolyHandGrenade - May 27, 2010 1:04 a.m.

Random fact: me and my neighboors all play the same MMO in the summer. Its called Flyff and its pretty good but its grindful
  • notallgoodnameswheretaken - May 26, 2010 11:53 p.m.

Is Allods good? I've never played an MMO game before (except for runescape several years ago), but I've heard they're good, and this one is free and seems to have great graphics.