Jan 8, 2008
The first patch for Crysis is now available, updating the game to v1.1 and featuring bug fixes and gameplay and performance tweaks.
Weighing in at a tasty 139MB, the patch can be downloaded here.
A full rundown of patch content follows:
- Damage dealt to vehicles when shot by LAW has been made consistent
- F12 (screenshot) now works in restricted mode as well
- When player melees during gun raise animation, their gun will not be in a permanently raised position anymore
- Memory leaks and potential crashes
- Improved SLI / Crossfire support and performance
- Improved overall rendering performance (DX9 and DX10)
- Enabled VSync functionality in D3D10
- Reduced grenade explosion radius in multiplayer
- Clamped water tessellation to avoid cheating in MP
- Reduced LAW splash damage vs. infantry in PowerStruggle mode
- Slowed Rocket projectile speed down in MP slightly
No doubt there are more Crysis patches to follow. You can read a review of the first-person shooter here.