• mykl - June 26, 2012 3:52 p.m.

Totally knew it was you writing this when I read the picture caption, Justin ;p
  • forestfire55 - June 10, 2012 3:35 p.m.

Can someone convert to $$$ not that make believe currency called £
  • Tjwoods18 - June 10, 2012 9:50 p.m.

Around 350 USD, I believe
  • Tjwoods18 - June 10, 2012 9:53 p.m.

Scratch that just realized that was british bound, so it would be around 430 USD
  • forestfire55 - June 12, 2012 4:35 p.m.

Oh god, I BOUGHGT A WII, WHAT ELSE SO YOU WANT
  • Japanaman - June 10, 2012 9:26 a.m.

UGH!!!
  • Rambo 11 - June 9, 2012 5:25 p.m.

Can anyone convert this Australian dollars?
  • brennan-goold - June 9, 2012 1:06 a.m.

Good time for use of some grad money! Haha
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - June 8, 2012 4:51 p.m.

$350? I doubt the casual gamers are going to pick this one up.
  • Falcon4196 - June 8, 2012 1:39 p.m.

If that is the actually price then Nintedo is going to have to prove its worth the extra cash over the 360 and PS3. Until we see the Hardware specs its going to be had to say whether or not it is. If the specs are only a modest improvement over the current consoles then its going to come down to exclusives. Frankly the fact they've only got two real first party games lined up for the launch window (Pikman 3, New Super Mario Bros 2) isn't inspiring. Based off of E3 Ubisoft is the only one taking the launch of the Wii U seriously.
  • laurenhiya21 - June 8, 2012 1:37 p.m.

Well... I won't be getting it at launch that's for sure XD (I wasn't planning on doing so in the first place anyway but...) It's not that it's incredibly expensive I guess, but being an international student makes it nearly impossible to get a job (plus I am still in school until end of July...) Plus there (so far) hasn't been many games announced that am interested in. Pikmin 3 is about the only thing that I would definitely buy. ZombieU and NintendoLand don't look too bad though.
  • slimjim441 - June 8, 2012 12:40 p.m.

NSMB-U? Cool. Pikmin 3? Cool. No Zelda or Metroid? GTFO. Until I hear about either of those two on the Wii U, I will not be throwing my money at this faux 8th gen system.
  • BackwaterRifle - June 8, 2012 12:33 p.m.

I never realised how much I wanted to play Pikmin 3, I'd probably be willing to drop up to $600 to do so. I'm a pikmin fiend.
  • talleyXIV - June 8, 2012 11:10 a.m.

That controller probably costs them $30 manufacture, that thing is gigantic!
  • bass88 - June 8, 2012 10:29 a.m.

GameCube was only £130 at launch? That was a bargin. I bought one long after launch so it was cheaper. Wow. Best price ever.
  • PopeBenedictXVI - June 8, 2012 9:15 a.m.

I predict 199.99 GBP
  • Kyo - June 8, 2012 9:05 a.m.

KIND OF PRICEY DON'T YA THINK!? I'm hoping that it won't be any more than maybe $350.. because damn that's a lot to ask for now and days lol That's not including sales tax and the price of the games... "yay i got a wiiu!!.. and no games cuz i couldn't afford it." lol
  • Leathersoup - June 8, 2012 8:24 a.m.

... and that, kids, is how Nintendo committed suicide back in 2012.
  • ObliqueZombie - June 8, 2012 8:04 a.m.

Well, being scarred by the atrocious launch that was the PS3, it's not too horrible. But I think I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.
  • ttocs - June 8, 2012 7:32 a.m.

This is way too high. If this is indeed the price then I am skipping on release day and will pick up 2 months later after the inevitable price drop.