• Cosmis - October 24, 2012 8:36 p.m.

City 17 in the very first chapters of Half-Life 2. It's just such a powerful place. The Presidium from ME1 is great, but I felt like Omega in ME2 was every bit as interesting. Also Besaid Island from FFX. Surprised no one threw out some of the opening sequences of BioShock. Articles like this are why I come to this site.
  • ryancourtin - October 25, 2012 12:40 p.m.

Completely agree with Besaid from FFX, specifically the long path running behind the waterfall! I would run up and down that area listening to the awesome music, killing Flans all day...
  • ertywerty - October 24, 2012 8:39 p.m.

For me any of the homeworlds in the Spyro series for ps1, also Metropolis from the Ratchet and Clank series. Anyone else agree?
  • ryancourtin - October 25, 2012 12:07 p.m.

+1 for PS1 Spyro the Dragon levels! The whole original trilogy was an essential part of my childhood, but my favorite is Dark Hollow in the first game's Artisan world, it has the best music and atmosphere. It's so peaceful if I have trouble sleeping I can put that song on and I'm OUT.
  • slimjim441 - October 24, 2012 9:51 p.m.

The presidium (Mass Effect) Afterlife (Mass Effect) Dreamland, cuz why not? (Kirby) Elysia (Metroid Prime 3) Bryyo (MP3) Land of the Dead (Castlevania Lords of Shadow) Anywhere from any LoZ game That one mansion in France from Uncharted 3 And most importantly, since it actually is a real location... Shadow Moses Island
  • slimjim441 - October 24, 2012 9:56 p.m.

And because it would be a pretty sweet death and would be worth it... Silent Hill 'Hell' (Doom) Castle Brennenburg (Amnesia)
  • zymn - October 24, 2012 9:59 p.m.

Grand Theft Auto 4 strip clubs. Even if everybody was dead by the time I left.
  • winner2 - October 24, 2012 10:17 p.m.

The sky temple level in twilight princess, the northern areas in Skyrim with the arouras and going to shadow moses in MGS4 are some of my memorable ones. But my favorite has to be the alchemist and concubines areas of Prince of Persia (the cell shaded one). The scenery and the view from the top of the concubine's final area in particular is simply beautiful, as is the rest of the outside views. Probably the most beautiful game I've played IMO.
  • MidgetMan2691 - October 24, 2012 10:36 p.m.

My house in minecraft or any location in orcarina of time as long as the appropriate music was playing.
  • Jacko415 - October 24, 2012 10:44 p.m.

1. The dreamscape in the chapter "Ethereal" in Metro 2033 2. The Citadel and the Normandy in ME3 3. The Antlion Egg nest in HL2:EP2 4. Xen from HL1 5. Rapture from Bioshock
  • Vincent Wolf - October 24, 2012 11:24 p.m.

Hmm.... Liara's room from ME2 dlc comes to mind first. That rain... That feeling... So awesome. But overall just too many places in different games. Can prolly go on for whole day and then some.
  • mafyooz - October 25, 2012 12:46 a.m.

The whole of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is beautiful, so good to see a post-apocalyptic environment that's been reclaimed by nature, instead of just different shades of brown!
  • StrayGator - October 25, 2012 2 a.m.

Phobos Hangar Fyrestone
  • crazor89 - October 25, 2012 3:10 a.m.

Kakariko Village in Ocarina of Time, simply because of the music.
  • omnilion - October 25, 2012 3:40 a.m.

Edea's Orphanage in Final Fantasy VIII. The field of flowers right outside, oh man.. There are so many beautiful vistas in Final Fantasies VII, VIII and IX that I can't even remember all of them. Those were the days in gaming, I will always cherish them. Oh and why not the vineyard in Hitman: Blood Money. I'd love to play my guitar on the balcony there, in the sun.
  • FierceDeity - October 25, 2012 5:46 a.m.

The ethereal field inside the moon with the lone tree in Majora's Mask. It was just so peaceful and yet strange, especially due to the fact you get there straight after the moonfall. Ah I could sit there for hours. Discovering islands and archipelagos in the Great Sea of Wind Waker. It really grabs your childlike urge to explore the world. And dem grafix! The beautiful vistas and massive mountains on Installation 5 in the levels Delta Halo and Regret in Halo 2. Without the use of the internet I remember discovering a way out of "map" (hitchhike on a pelican) and onto the surrounding peaks of those levels. Me and my mates would just wander around for hours on co-op. The "mysterious planet" in Pikmin and Pikmin 2. I'm sure its just Earth after the humans went extinct, then nature recovered and the remaining life evolved into the myriad forms we see in the games. Olimar and his 'min are just seeing relics of an ancient civilisation. Just discovering all the wildlife would be fantastic! The outside levels in Yoshi's Island and Story. Goldenrod City in Pokemon Silver/Gold. In fact Johto and Kanto as a whole. The cityscape of Mirror's Edge Greatwood in Fable 1 Anywhere in the arty Braid, the organic Botanicula and the trippy Earthbound (especially Fourside)
  • nintendo365 - October 25, 2012 6:09 a.m.

The Temple of Perfect Dark. Sure, It was a recreation of a Goldenryr map, but It was a better version. The Hieroglyphics were better to look at, and the golden sands were even more glorious to look at. On top of that, no matter who you are- every turn of the Temple brings a fond memory of that havoc inducing multiplayer that we all know and love of both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. It was a map that spanned 2 generations of gamers and never got stale. All in all the perfect map.
  • Tulkastaldo - October 25, 2012 7:05 a.m.

Beginning of Level 6 in Panic on Funkotron for the Genesis, Outerspace Place. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13NBtxq7upM&noredirect=1 You're floating in space interspersed by asteroid platforms and fungi trampolines. What a beautiful, drug induced game.
  • pl4y4h - October 25, 2012 7:09 a.m.

Snowpeak, now that's a nice choice. Those yeti are so nice, and you could always stock up on delicious soup.
  • GrandTheftAuto - October 25, 2012 7:20 a.m.

Throat of the world in Skyrim, definitely.