Topics

Far Cry Ubisoft

• ultimatepunchrod - March 2, 2012 8:04 a.m.

Well, I know there was absolutely zero gameplay, but I still like the set up. Seems like it'll be fun.
  • majormoses117 - February 20, 2012 7:32 p.m.

worst hangover ever!
  • ScrEAMaPiLLar - February 16, 2012 7:04 p.m.

I had an accident, excellent use of dub step. I hope to play a small demo for it, but if it is anything like the first and a bit of the second. It will be a day 1 buy for me.
  • lilspooky - February 16, 2012 1:59 p.m.

Is Nolan North the main voice actor? It sounds like it.
  • FETALJUICE - February 16, 2012 6:09 a.m.

Ever since they said that FC3 would return to a tropical island setting, I was sold. Now after watching this trailer, I want this game even more!
  • TheSplund - February 16, 2012 6:07 a.m.

ooo! I still love the original (apart from the last two levels), and will soon replay FC2, and I hope this doesn't disappoint. Fingers-crossed they add-in a decent working co-op (shame no-one ever really got it working in the original) though it's extremely unlikely it'll have any modability to it
  • CitizenWolfie - February 16, 2012 1:23 a.m.

This looks amazing! Loved FC2 despite its flaws so I can't wait for this. I hate the main villain though. And not in the "love to hate him" sort of way that the best villains have, but more in a facepalm way. Hate his stupid gangsta Latino accent. Hate his 90's goatee. Hate his dumb little mohawk. Hate the fact he says "fuck" every sentence. Hate the fact that everything about him seems to have been made from a checklist of "crazy bad guy." The Jackal actually felt like a heavy presence over your head without really showing his face much. His weird rants were always bizarre and added a sense of disorientation which really worked in the context of the environment. But this douche seems to exist purely to poke you and say "oooh, look how crazy I am." I really can't bring myself to believe that this dickhead has managed to put his trousers on properly, let alone assume control of a guerrilla group of anarchists or whatever.
  • haxxoromg - February 15, 2012 11:31 p.m.

not a fan of them dubstepping the whole latter part of it but the rest of it is pretty awesome
  • P4Pritesh - February 15, 2012 10:49 p.m.

Fcuking awesome game! Farcry 2 was a graphical benchmark on pc.. And I am sure FC3 will continue the record, my god, its mesmerizing.. 1st day buy 4 me
  • lewis-hiigel - February 15, 2012 9:41 p.m.

All this trailer did was leave me wondering: how did frat-boy douche magically get the combat know-how to take down an entire guerrilla militia, complete with expert knife-throwing abilities? This man is no Jack Carver---I'm not buyin' it.
  • Craza - February 15, 2012 8:09 p.m.

Those are some pretty goddamn beautiful cinematics, but a trailer does not make the game (Dead Island, anyone?). It's hard for me to get interested in the franchise or this game, but it seems like some good effort is going into it. Let's just hope it's not a bug-ridden mess like that last one.
  • Craza - February 15, 2012 8:45 p.m.

Also, "I'm on a boat!"
  • lilspooky - February 16, 2012 2:01 p.m.

Ill just leave this here: http://youtu.be/avaSdC0QOUM
  • birdman1041 - February 16, 2012 1:16 a.m.

Right. I'm interested in this, but an animated cartoon that doesn't show the actual game isn't very convincing. Pretty cutscenes don't equal a good play.
  • Deathdeisel - February 15, 2012 7:48 p.m.

Man, not gunna lie game looks friggin awesome. Havent played either of the first far crys, but this one looks sweet.
  • lilspooky - February 15, 2012 6:29 p.m.

Please Ubisoft dont fuck over the PC players with DRM! I'll settle for fucking over the console players with DRM though.
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 15, 2012 6:18 p.m.

I think I can say "do want" to this, right?
  • Hobogonigal - February 16, 2012 12:44 a.m.

Yes my good sir, yes you can. And I shall join you.
  • OZONE - February 15, 2012 6:04 p.m.

So at first I didn't want this game... then I saw this trailer and it blew me away! Everything about this trailer wants me to get the game! The music was awesome it was like this Dubstep-Bullet song that fit well with the trailer's ending bits. The characters that hang with the main character were likable and even when the crazy dude shot the other guy I was like "oh man" not many trailers can even make me say anything about them! When the main character realized what was happening..INSTANT BADASS. God I want this game!
  • lemur - February 15, 2012 5:45 p.m.

it turns out september 7ht is on a friday. is that a european release date or U.S.?