• pyrestriker - February 23, 2010 12:55 p.m.

Hmm... Makes me wonder if anyone has successfully developed the Ripper from the Unreal Tournament series. A gun that propels circular saw blades with the option to attach a shrapnel grenade to the blade so it explodes on impact? Heck yeah.
  • PBDB - February 20, 2010 10:07 p.m.

You said ludicrous speed with no spaceballs reference? For shame!
  • 4fromK - February 18, 2010 8:53 a.m.

'guano loopy' made me chuckle
  • pastycaucasian - February 17, 2010 10:53 p.m.

I would love to use those weapons in real life against someone, but my like they would back fire on me.
  • bonerachieved - February 17, 2010 7:36 p.m.

WOWZAS! i would love to have that suit
  • NanoElite666 - February 17, 2010 5:27 a.m.

So then... We stick with the power armor for now. Then, when the mechs are up to snuff, we take all the rail guns and lightning guns and such and stick 'em on the mechs. And then we have Armored Core.
  • halomech15 - February 17, 2010 12:28 a.m.

This is why I love America. We get all the coolest stuff.
  • psycowolf - February 16, 2010 11:05 p.m.

damn..good artical. only thing im worried about is the power armer. if it ends up being used like in the fallout series and only medical ways it would benifit people in so many ways. but, as allways, there is a posiiple downside. the mechs might in some sick wierdo fantisy trying to f al humanity will make the mechs controle us, not us controle mechs. another downer is that what if people become to dependent on bionical/robotic/mechanical power armoer/suits that just makes the human body useless. i mean what would be the point in strength training or speed training or anything that would involve working out physical body to see whos better when every one could just get a mech and everyone be same. that would ruin sports, and if that ever happened what would be the point of having olympics or life? im sorry if i sound like a downer but seriously, what if that happens.
  • Metroidhunter32 - February 16, 2010 9:43 p.m.

This article was fun
  • peterpottorff - February 16, 2010 9:23 p.m.

Mechs FTW
  • DriveShaft - February 16, 2010 8:48 p.m.

Best weapons would probably be taken from the Rathchet & Clank series x] A gun that turns people into sheep? Hell yes.
  • SumthingStupid - February 16, 2010 8:36 p.m.

The mech part reminded me of Lost Planet a lot
  • Amnesiac - February 16, 2010 5:03 p.m.

I look forward to the day when I pilot my Japan-made mini-Metal Gear to and from work.
  • jackthemenace - February 16, 2010 1:45 p.m.

power armour- me likey!
  • oryandymackie - February 16, 2010 10:51 a.m.

I just want to kill things. 'Kay?
  • speno93 - February 16, 2010 9:16 a.m.

yeah i agree with skynet. The next step from that HAl exoskeleton is real replacement limbs that read your nerves and muscle movemnt in order to recreat a real arm. And that will lead to a bionic arm, which as you guys have stated before, would be awesome.
  • Vagrant - February 16, 2010 2:53 a.m.

That minefield lightning thing was really interesting.
  • CH3BURASHKA - February 16, 2010 2:46 a.m.

HAL5 seems awesome, yet dangerous in the wrong hands. I sincerely wonder whether or not such an exoskeleton will be available to plain consumers, and not reserved just for military and construction consumption.
  • skynetiscoming - February 15, 2010 11:42 p.m.

Hopefully the HAL will lead to the end of missing limbs so we can have robotic ones that read our brain waves instead of fake plastic ones. :/ Great article BTW.
  • matt588 - February 15, 2010 11:29 p.m.

so how does the power armor displace the weight? the only way the suit in the video can work is if the suit has it's own spine(or machine equivalent) I wasn't as impressed by holding 100lbs (or what ever 40kg is) because that means the 1st thing crack is the long bones of the arm. call me when the suit has jump/ landing jets; hmm, seems like jump jets would have made this list recaptcha: "cramps found" fitting for my comment