• rachael-minekime - August 15, 2012 5:31 p.m.

The test site and strip are mixed up under the wrong headtitles and confused me for a moment but I figured it out :3 REALLY appreciate this guide! I only needed 3 more and this helped me out marvelously :3
  • reptillian12 - January 2, 2011 2:53 a.m.

Implants. lol.
  • IGearz - November 17, 2010 2:54 p.m.

PS3 also has the bugs and glitches.
  • Ronimator - November 7, 2010 3:15 p.m.

i killed Mr.House by accident... *sniff sniff*
  • misfit119 - October 25, 2010 11:57 p.m.

@michaelizzo - Yes you do. But you don't lose Karma for stealing the globe. @pocotron - That's the only point there is to the globes. But if you do what I did you can trade in the globes for the ridiculous amount of caps and then purchase some Implants to boost your SPECIAL stats.
  • michaelizzo - October 23, 2010 1:50 a.m.

Do you lose karma for picking the lock to that girls room?
  • Waldo - October 22, 2010 1:36 p.m.

As much as I am trying to ignore the constant hiccups, they are there. The game is good so far but I am having issues with performance as well. I am playing on an XBOX 360, not a PC. I thought the game was going to explode when I tried to take multiple sips of water from a water trough. I am worried. How is the game going to run when there are half a dozen enemies on the screen all shooting and tossing explosives? I'd love to here some reasuring news... hopefully from the review sometime today.
  • Pocotron - October 22, 2010 1:46 a.m.

I DON'T FUCKING GET THE POINT OF THESE SNOWGLOBES!!! Other than an easy 2,000 caps...
  • Eliath - October 21, 2010 10:41 p.m.

I can't win with Fallout. I bought FO3 on PS3 and the bugs and glitches, especially in the DLC once it finally released, were atrocious. Now that I have an extremely overpowered (for Fallout) PC, I decided to get FO:NV for PC, which is my preferred platform. Word of caution, FO:NV is glitchy as all hell on PC at least. Users are modifying files to cut off all NPC heads to prevent fps drops, people are modifying configuration files to keep the game from crashing every 10 minutes, quick saves don't work without modifying configuration files (it reverts to the very first quicksave you ever did), certain game settings need to be minimized such as water multisampling due to performance issues even with no water in sight, among a list of other problems such as stuttering and game occasional game hangups. There are sites dedicated to listing out FO:NV bugs and suggested fixes, and apparently the PC is not the only platform suffering problems. I have seen complaints on 360 as well (haven't seen any PS3 complaints, but I haven't been looking). I've had to mod a few files to get the game to keep from crashing and losing saved data. I look forward to hunting down all the collectibles now that the game is stable on my system. It still performs like crap though. It's upsetting that a game engine as old as this still performs so poorly. The graphics are nice, but they're nothing spectacular, so poor performance is unacceptable. I've seen a lot of people complaining that run nVidia cards (I've also seen people with nVidia cards without any problems). I've not seen many complaints with ATI cards, but again I haven't been looking. Even people with huge rigs are getting poor performance, and the performance doesn't seem to increase when lowering settings (resolution, details, etc). For those that are care my PC specs are: Intel i7 940 12 GB DDR3 1333MHz 2x GTX 295 Game settings are maxed out except for the aforementioned water multisampling. Generally running about 70 fps with drops down in the 20-30 range when the game hangs.
  • WatchDog007 - May 10, 2014 6:59 a.m.

Wow. I haven't modded any files or anything like that and FO:NV is the smoothest running game I have for my PC. It runs really well.
  • mikale - October 21, 2010 9:50 p.m.

there is also a snow globe in the Lucky 38 in the cocktail lounge behind one of the cash registers. The room is circular so I don't know which exact register, just look behind all of them til you find it!!
  • michaelizzo - October 21, 2010 9:30 p.m.

Your not joking about the difficulty to get to the Mount Charleston Globe.
  • philipshaw - October 21, 2010 12:32 p.m.

This will be useful for when I get the game this Friday
  • Sebastian16 - October 21, 2010 5:21 a.m.

Uhm, is there not a review that this supplements?
  • reaperman22 - October 21, 2010 4:43 a.m.

ah good Friday, im still undecided between this and several other games i want so your review is going to be my final decider
  • Doctalen - October 21, 2010 3:28 a.m.

Oh cool thanks Brett.
  • grappler51 - October 21, 2010 3:05 a.m.

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE CRAP YOU'RE SELLING SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! Oh, and thanks for the info Brett.
  • Annihilator - October 21, 2010 2:49 a.m.

There is another snowglobe in the mueseum Nellis Airbase. I look forward to the completion to this guide, I really need those caps to pay for ammo, guns and countless other necessities.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - October 21, 2010 2:45 a.m.

Review coming Friday! We didn't get a copy until LAST Friday, and it's a huge game, so we want to give it the time necessary.
  • Zepaw - October 21, 2010 2:30 a.m.

I am starting to hate collectibles on games. At least they feel more natural in a roaming game like FNV but I am totally using your guide to find them.