Sport & Auto
- About Future
- Digital Future
- Cookies Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Contact Future
When we played Fallout: New Vegas for our review, we experienced many crashes, stalling, and a fair share of bugs. It wasn’t enough to stop us from enjoying all the fun that New Vegas had to offer, though. That’s why we’re excited the latest patch for the PC version of New Vegas offers fixes. It also adds a several useful additions to the companion system. Now, companions will show up as waypoints on the map and will always fast travel with you unless you tell them otherwise. You can read the complete patch notes below.
Fallout: New Vegas - Version 1.1.1
• Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
• Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
• Fix: DLC error/save corruption
• Fix: Stuttering with water effects
• Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.
• Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched
• Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk
• Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
• Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
• Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction
• Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
• Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked
• Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn
• Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam
• Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight
• Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS
• Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND
Today’s update follows a huge patch for the PC and console versions of the game, which corrected over 200 errors. “I think when you create a game as large as Fallout 3 or New Vegas you are going to run into issues that even a testing team of 300 won’t spot, so we’re just trying to address those as quickly as possible and so is Bethesda,” said New Vegas senior designer Chris Avellone.
It sounds like New Vegas is in a much more playable state these days. How has your wasteland wandering experience been post-patch? Are you experiencing fewer glitches and crashes since the last few rounds of updates?
Nov 10, 2010
Fallout: New Vegas super review
Despite all the radioactive bugs, wandering the wasteland is still great
Fallout: New Vegas snow globe guide
Snow globes are the new Bobbleheads. Our complete walkthrough, maps, and videos will help you find them all
Fallout: New Vegas console patch fixes ‘over 200’ bugs
Update so big that a full list of changes would have been a novel
Log in using Facebook to share comments, games, status update and other activity easily with your Facebook feed.