• Henragorn - October 21, 2010 7:21 a.m.

Very interesting article :) Cant wait to buy New Vegas
  • EricBratcher - October 20, 2010 11:23 p.m.

Actually, in response to your point The_Tingler, you could do that with the ghoul dude as well. I was thinking I got a reasonable ending when I sent them in instead of a cop-out like you've described, but I may be mistaken. I reloaded that save several times to see all the variations and I may be forgetting which went with which.
  • EricBratcher - October 20, 2010 11:16 p.m.

We're fixing the pics now. Sorry about that. I wish I could say it was a meta-joke.
  • Chaoscoolperson - October 20, 2010 8:45 p.m.

Thanks for explaining the story so I don't have to play the others. Also Fallout 2 seems like fable in an apocalyptic nightmare. And finally Now I think i might get fallout New Vegas.
  • BrunettePride - October 20, 2010 11:45 a.m.

Thanks for doing this! The first Fallout game I ever played was 3, which got me interested in the first two games on PC. I'm extremely excited for New Vegas, I have the Collectors Edition on pre-order and I really cannot wait to see what this is going to be like, especially with it being Obsidian. Going to be interesting to see some of Van Burens areas come to life!
  • FreekinIdiot - October 20, 2010 10:33 a.m.

Where's your review guys? I'm desperate to read it :)
  • G0D - October 20, 2010 6:01 a.m.

This definitely got me pumped (and more educated) to play New Vegas!
  • Smeggs - October 20, 2010 12:20 a.m.

That Super-Mutant looks like a cross between Shrek and an Orc from WoW. Also, a device that can change the wasteland? *GASP* Could it be...A GECK?! God I hope Bethesda isn't that predictable, I really do. AND I BETTER GET A PROPER ENDING THIS TIME, DAMNIT! None of that "Pictures show up while narrator talks about how you died/failed/killed your teammate/turned into an evil douche and murdered all impure beings in the wastes with the modified FEV for about thirty seconds before rolling credits."
  • philipshaw - October 19, 2010 9:26 p.m.

Getting New Vegas on Friday so this was a intresting read for me
  • 435 - October 19, 2010 6:52 p.m.

Great article, aside from art mixups! Having played all of these to completion (yes, even the console beat-em-up piece of shit), it was a lovely trip down memory lane. Maybe I'll install 1 and 2 on my netbook tomorrow. :|a
  • AlpineGuy - October 19, 2010 5:17 p.m.

Cool retrospective. Makes me really want to play the first two Fallouts now...
  • AA95mp - October 19, 2010 4:52 p.m.

i can't fucking wait for new vegas! also i don't mean to be too nerdy but Harold is actualy a super mutant, just a different kind from what we're used to.
  • Chiefslapaho - October 19, 2010 2:29 p.m.

cool
  • nikrusty - October 19, 2010 11:01 a.m.

Awesome article dudes...thanks. I actually played FO 2 before the launch of FO 3 as I wanted a taste of FO Universe. The only thinng that FO3 really lacks I felt, a better more engaging NPC character playout, something akin to ME 2 series.
  • Dan3va - October 19, 2010 9:48 a.m.

you got the images for fallot tactics and fallout brotherhood of steel mixed up. the 2004 releases picture is with the 2001 game and vise versa
  • Yaro - October 19, 2010 9:05 a.m.

Funny, I took a quick glance at the pics (the map is awesome) then I glanced over the headlines and thought to myself "damn, I gotta read all of this" (as in it sounds interesting and I'd like to refresh my memory) and the first sentence of the article told me "you don't HAVE to read all of this"....I lol'd. You do what you please and you please what you do. Keep up the good work. =)
  • NightCrawler_358 - October 19, 2010 4:06 a.m.

Great article! Man, i know its horrible to say, but i wish you could still kill children in New Vegas. I swear, in 3, everytime i go into Little Lamplight!-i just dream of the day.
  • Crimmy - October 19, 2010 3:58 a.m.

Can you fix the Fallout Tactics and Brotherhood pics? They are switched. For some reason, that really bugs me.
  • The_Tingler - October 19, 2010 3:06 a.m.

The most annoying thing about Fallout 3 was the slightly screwed up ending, which you briefly touched on. If you had a Super Mutant companion (whose name I forget), you could ask him to go in the radioactive chamber and he'd be totally fine - but the game would still treat you like you killed him. Really, really looking forward to New Vegas.
  • YuGiOhisbetterthanMagic - October 19, 2010 2:57 a.m.

YES! although, i do have to be that guy and say that it is in fact, possible to get a G.E.C.K in fallout 2, so you dont HAVE to go back to arroyo empty handed.