• Xtapolapopotamus - April 16, 2011 4:59 a.m.

Holy balls, 23 minutes of fatalities?! Awesome work Brett!
  • NdIGiTy - April 16, 2011 5 a.m.

Your thoroughness is greatly appreciated!
  • Phazon117 - April 16, 2011 5:04 a.m.

This video is awesome :)
  • JayBeat - April 16, 2011 5:05 a.m.

The 90's summarized in 23 minutes. <3 Brelston
  • smashpro1 - April 16, 2011 5:11 a.m.

Ooh, a much updated version of your old "Six Minutes of Slaughter" video!
  • KaiokenKid - April 16, 2011 5:25 a.m.

Jesus.
  • chrisat928 - April 16, 2011 5:27 a.m.

You didn't do Shaolin Monks... Course, unlocking all the extra characters for the VS. mode takes forever... Is forgiven.
  • QWERTYCommander - April 16, 2011 5:27 a.m.

You can really tell when they started to run out of ideas.
  • hester2 - April 16, 2011 5:32 a.m.

God, I love you people. I wasn't even thinking about buying this, but after reading all of your coverage, I pre-ordered today (after playing the demo, I'm not stupid). You bastards triggered my nostalgia and made me feel old. Not only have you reminded me of the first time I saw an MK machine in the arcade, you also reminded me that I actually frequented arcades. Kids these days don't know what they're missing. Jesus, two years from now I'll be talking about how I had to walk barefoot in the snow uphill both ways just to find a wireless signal.
  • RabidZombies - April 16, 2011 5:34 a.m.

Liu Kang dropping an arcade cabinet on Sub Zero made me laugh. Great video!
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - April 16, 2011 5:43 a.m.

Didn't forget Shaolin Monks - that's not a fighting game, it's a brawler-beat em up with some fatalities in it. That said I think it's a great game, especially two-player with Kang and Lao kicking ass... but it ain't one of the fighting games.
  • xDxP - April 16, 2011 5:43 a.m.

Haha can't believe I just watched all that.
  • joshjacobs - April 16, 2011 5:48 a.m.

Just finished 23 minutes of fatalities. All I can say is you got to be pretty badass to rip out someone's entire spine. I <3 Sub Zero
  • FauxFurry - April 16, 2011 6:08 a.m.

Ah, good old Fatality Fanfare. The only thing that even comes close is Techno Syndrome. Leaving it out of any MK is almost as bad as leaving Fatalities themselves on the cutting room floor (Kustom Fatalities aren't much better than no Fatalities at all). Some things that handy-dandy Komplilation of Kombat Karnage bought back to mind or came to my attention just now: 1. One of those Fatalities was essentially one of Kenshiro's combos, making its performers some kind of female Fist of the North Star. 2. Reptile totally ate Jade's...you-know-what(which was pretty much anything and everything but the feet, really)...literally. 3. The Hara-Kiri moves managed to make killing oneself because one is a loser seem somewhat dignified, anathema to the win-at-all cost mindset one typically associates with people who rip people's vital organs out with their bare hands (or teeth and whatever they can get their hands on). I'm shocked that more Parents' Groups weren't complaining about those in particular. 4. Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe probably should have just gone with Friendships and Babalities.
  • JohnDagger - April 16, 2011 6:57 a.m.

Awesome video man! I totally didn't know there were those suicide fatalities in the newer one. They were pretty funny.
  • BadAndy3249 - April 16, 2011 7:16 a.m.

I should have been in bed 23 minutes and 10 seconds ago. I do not regret my decision.
  • Loudawgs - April 16, 2011 9:34 a.m.

Great work, Awesome Video
  • SilentTee - April 16, 2011 11:12 a.m.

I hate Quan Chi's neck stretch fatality in Deadly Alliance. It annoys me that such a cool character had such a horrible fatality.
  • ShanghaiSix - April 16, 2011 11:39 a.m.

Nice work, Brett. I didn't recognize half of those later characters :)
  • twishart - April 16, 2011 12:23 p.m.

In MK2 - during subzero's round, he reaches for the guy's head, then the screen goes brown. Was that a glitch? I've never seen that one before, and I played MK2 and MK3 religiously...