• Grimi - May 24, 2010 5:06 p.m.

I liked the LOST ending too, I don't think they could of possibly satisfied everyone with one ending. cool article tho.
  • junkheep - May 24, 2010 4:45 p.m.

id say fallout 3, well before the broken steel add on. I went through that whole big battle at the end grabing all the power armor i could thinking about all the caps im gonna get for it all then you cant carry on your game unlike oblivion.So i think that fallout 3 was the worst ending coz all that time you put in too make a really powerful person just to be stopped then i was so disappoited
  • shadowarrior99 - May 24, 2010 4:45 p.m.

I thought the last episode of Lost was amazing, and I was fine with how it ended.It depends what kind of person you are i guess.
  • arturus1000 - May 24, 2010 4:42 p.m.

Half Life 1 and 2's endings were perfect in my opinion. You had half a minutes explaining by the Gman, then he just opens a mystical door, and dissapears. As far as we know, Gordon could just be high over the various stimulants his suit pumps into him :D Oh, and Halo 2's ending wasn't that bad, even if it was just a revolving "Buy Halo 3" sign.
  • Xplosive59 - May 24, 2010 4:39 p.m.

i always felt disapointed by the elder scrolls oblivion ending, where martin sacrafices himselfto banish the demon. I didnt like it because A. you dont kill the demon a NPC does B. it was really cleched and the demon went down without a fight C. he turned into a dragon for no logically explained reason!!!
  • ThePrivateDick - May 24, 2010 4:37 p.m.

I was disappointed by the ending to Mass Effect 2. It was so impersonal and I couldn't really buy it. I had squad members who died and Shepard just continued like nothing ever happened.
  • goochbiscuit - May 24, 2010 4:30 p.m.

Wow, I didn't really realize it until now, but damn, most of those are really disappointing. I guess they're not as bad when you try not to think about them too much.
  • drewbian - May 24, 2010 4:29 p.m.

man what about fallout 3!!!! its the most obvious one of the latest generation of games. what happened to the old school-finding out everything you did with each individual town! and also the glitch that when you do everything good with like 100% good karma its like omg ur dad actually is semi dissapointed with you. total letdown for a game that most gamers put 50+ hours into.
  • garnsr - May 24, 2010 4:28 p.m.

Shenmue 2 wasn't a bad ending, and it seems sadder and more subdued knowing we'll never get to see what happened after it.
  • Pengu1n - May 24, 2010 4:26 p.m.

I disagree strongly with SC Double Agent's ending being bad. I think it's one of the best game endings ever. No melodramatic shit where the bad guy flies off on a jetpack - you've taken apart Emile's organization and, at the stage you take him out, he's exposed and pretty much alone.
  • Tygerclaws - May 24, 2010 4:19 p.m.

Great article, and timely! Two tiny things, though, in the Shenmue bit: "No doubt Shenmue creator and all-round former Sega don Yu Suzuki had a bloody stonking ending planned for Shenmue 17 or however many games he’d originally thought he make before he starting the series." --Should be "started". "Instead, players have to make to with some nonsense about magic swords and mirrors." --Should be "to make do".
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - May 24, 2010 4:07 p.m.

Also Half Life Just fading to black