• erreip199 - March 23, 2011 7:56 p.m.

I really hate Ben Cousin... i still go to their game forums and its full of crap... Just look at this Powerpoint presentation he made about P4F games!! http://www.slideshare.net/bcousins/paying-to-win He clearly "cares" about the players (wallet)!!
  • tyler_14_420 - March 23, 2011 7:35 p.m.

Free to play games seem great but if you end up spending hundreds of dollars to remain competitive, etc, what's the point? I think a business model with paid-games and free extra content is much better. You shouldn't have to pay for DLC if you've already paid $60 for a game. "Oh, I want to buy Halo: Reach but all my friends have the map packs. That means I have to buy an extra $20 of maps so the game's really $80 not $60"
  • CH3BURASHKA - March 23, 2011 7:27 p.m.

Guess who's getting fired... Anyone who has taken a 8th grade math class is aware of the price vs. purchase graph: as a product costs more, less people will be willing to buy it, and vice versa. For those who don't know, it's shaped like an upside-down parabola. It shows that there's an optimum point at which price and purchase meet in such a way that the final profit is greater than if more people bought at a lower price, or if less people bought at a higher price. It seems that game companies have forgotten about this curve, or are too scared to experiment. For all we know, the $60 price tag could be far right of the optimum point, which is bad for everyone all around. Game companies have been blindly raising the price 10 bucks every console generation, assuming people won't notice and won't revolt. However, high-ass prices were one of the multitude of reasons for the Crashes the game industry has experienced. When I heard N64 games were 80 bucks, I nearly shat myself. Unless the game industry wants yet another Depression, CEO's and stockholders need to look at game prices from a new perspective, one that doesn't assume that games are "recession-proof" or that people will blindly buy anything that's available in droves. Then again, the US has had a recession every 9 years for about a century now, so I don't think I should hold my breath for any change to occur. @db1331: Never go full retard...
  • UberNoob - March 23, 2011 7:06 p.m.

I'm not bothered by $60 games that give you the fullest value. If it doesn't, then the price should be reduced. And honestly, Free-to-Play games are horrible (most of them, at least). They aren't free, anyway. You need to spend money to get the full value.
  • spideralex90 - March 23, 2011 7:04 p.m.

THQ heads and EA heads say $60 is too much, yet no one is actually doing something to lower the prices. I'd rather pay up front though than have someone beating me in the game because they bought a whole bunch of better stuff for their character. having one or two DLC packs is a different situation though.
  • AlphaAGENT144 - March 23, 2011 7:01 p.m.

Yeah, cause having to pay 1.99 for a bundle of health and ammo is hardly exploitative, right EA?
  • Jayzilla - March 23, 2011 6:58 p.m.

Just like now there will be room for both.
  • DynamicJul - March 23, 2011 6:37 p.m.

I got Crysis 2 for €32.45, or $46. I think that's quite fair. I don't think games as big as that can come as free-to-play, but other small games can.
  • db1331 - March 23, 2011 6:36 p.m.

*than *me Jesus. My brain went full-retard during that post.
  • db1331 - March 23, 2011 6:35 p.m.

I was never bothered by $60 games until MW2 brought them to PC. It was immediately obvious that things would never be the same. That being said, I would much rather pay for a $60 game with high production values where everyone gets the same stuff then play a free browser game where someone can own be because they bought a better gun for $2. All of these Angry Birds/Farmville/Play4Free guys that talk like their shit is going to be the future crack me up.
  • festafreak - March 23, 2011 6:31 p.m.

Cysis 2 = Bulletstorm = Dead space 2(when it came out) = $60 I rest my case.