Specialization: Royal Archer
Personality: Devoted, Faithful, Former Playboy
Sebastian is unique for a few reasons. For one, he’s only in the game if you’ve got “The Exiled Prince” DLC installed. Second, he’s the only romanceable character in the game that is exclusively heterosexual. Third, you can’t sleep with him no matter how much you two are in love. If you still find the pure-hearted prince desirable, then read on - we’ve got you covered.
Note: If you wish to pursue Sebastian all the way, you cannot flirt with any other character at any point in the game. Also, a complete romance with Sebastian will not garner you the romance achievement/trophy.
To recruit Sebastian, you’ll need to start with the “Duty” quest. Initiate this by reading the notice posted on the Chanter’s board in Hightown, then complete the quest and return to the Chantry to speak to Sebastian.
- Act 2 is where you can finally recruit Sebastian into your party. The quest you’ll need to take on is called “Repentance.” Go to the Chantry to speak to Sebastian.
Gift – Starkhaven Longbow (Act 2)
Above: During the “Repentance” quest make sure to pick this up off of a dead Flint Company mercenary inside the Harimann Estate.
- At the end of “Repentance,” you’ll come across a desire demon. Don’t bother going too deep into this conversation - select the “Die, fiend” option to get the biggest boost to your friendship score with Sebastian. When you speak to Sebastian in the Chantry at the end of the quest, make sure you suggest he “Listen to his heart” instead of “You must take back your land.”
- Since you picked up Sebastian’s gift during the last quest, you may as well speak to him while you’re in the Chantry and give it to him.
- During Anders’s companion quest “Dissent” you can get a healthy friendship boost with Sebastian if he’s in your party. Make sure to tell Anders to “calm down” after the battle with the Templars. While talking to the female mage afterwards, select the red fist dialogue option, then tell her to go back to the Circle. These actions should earn you at least +25 friendship points.
- If you’ve reached at least 50% friendship with Sebastian you can take on his “Questioning Beliefs” quest by visiting him at the Chantry. Unlike the other characters, he won’t visit you at your mansion no matter what, but you can flirt with him here to boost your friendship score.
- The third and final companion quest required for a complete romance with Sebastian is called “Faith.” It should be available almost immediately after starting Act 3, and can be initiated by talking to Sebastian in the Chantry. This is a quick and easy quest that will earn you lots of friendship points if you still need them. You’ll also run into an old friend from Origins.
- “Questioning Beliefs” should now be available. At this point, assuming you’ve given Sebastian his gift, have 100% friendship, and have flirted previously, he will propose a chaste marriage. It is the final step, assuming you keep your friendship rating maxed out until the end of the game.
- During the game’s final mission (“The Last Straw”), you’ll have to execute Anders or Sebastian will leave permanently, even if you’ve been doing everything right up to this point. Speak to Sebastian at the Gallows Prison or Gallows Courtyard (depending on your end-game decisions) to complete the romance.
Log in using Facebook to share comments, games, status update and other activity easily with your Facebook feed.