We Recommend

• averagegameguy - August 13, 2012 1 p.m.

It's starting to look a little bit more appealing... maybe. I've always been a huge fan of the series until this little 'hiccup'. Honest opinion is that of a punk rock nightmare about Devil May Cry. Time will tell I guess.
  • code_r - August 13, 2012 4:49 a.m.

Still looks slow in battle and the creature designs are not great. Visual effects are interesting but thats all. Auto grappling isn't platforming either guys.
  • Andrew Groen - August 13, 2012 7:56 a.m.

"What passes for platforming in the modern age of gaming" wouldn't fit in the headline, but we agree.
  • maikaal - August 12, 2012 1:17 p.m.

devil may f off
  • HeavyTank - August 12, 2012 1:41 a.m.

I dunno.I really can't get over the fact that this doesn't feel like DMC. Maybe it's the Justin Bieber haircut, maybe it's the animations feeling extremely stiff or simply everything showcased in trailers so far looking so boring, but this doesn't look like it can even remotely compare to DMC3-4...
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - August 12, 2012 12:32 p.m.

Justin Bieber haircut? I can understand not liking Dante's new design, but at least try to understand where the creative reference for the look stems from. Look to 80s and 90s punk rock.
  • Z-man427 - August 11, 2012 5:54 p.m.

Looks like it'll be good fun for a weekend, but unless it tells a really compelling story, i don't see it being a buy.
  • Smash_Bro - August 11, 2012 8:30 a.m.

The platforming is quite stylish, but nothing really new is seen in this trailer. The (mini) boss at the end was shown in much more detail at E3.
  • zombi3grim - August 11, 2012 7:26 a.m.

This looks great! Cant wait for this to come out, day one buy!
  • jackthemenace - August 11, 2012 4:29 a.m.

I can't decide whether I hate platforming or not, but I know this looks like a lot of fun. I just hope it's more inventive in the full game than aiming at a red thing and pressing a button to drag it across. A lot of the locations look a lot like some of the ones from DMC4 to me, which isn't really a problem. And I'm pretty sure I saw a very Agni & Rudra style boss fight in there at about 00:49- which is most definitely NOT a problem. I hope the weapon system still works like the older games- you beat a boss, and that boss then transforms into a ridiculously awesome weapon.
  • AngelsandDemons1 - August 11, 2012 4:11 a.m.

...yawn
  • zombi3grim - August 11, 2012 7:24 a.m.

God damn, seriously? Lower your godlike expectations and have a little fun.
  • ParagonT - August 11, 2012 9:04 a.m.

I personally like certain aspects of the game, but too much is unanswered such as the other weapons for an example. Another issue is the "platforming", is it just pressing a button when your jumping toward the orb? I want to be all "This game is amazing!" as well, but there is little information on the game as of yet. So why fall into the marketing hype? When a company tries to change a established IP's developer and "roots", there is sure to be some backlash. Some not founded, but some have good reasons that they personally have. This IP like others is something people have grown up with, so I find it reasonable to be extremely skeptical.
  • zombi3grim - August 11, 2012 1:54 p.m.

Latley thats all there has been on the internet is skepticism. From everything! I mean, god damn, how do you even go out and BUY a game when you fuckin hate everything that comes out! Its bitching about DLC, bitching about game mechanics, bitching about DRM, bitching about online passes, bitching about sequals, bitching about NO sequals. Its CONSTANT bitching. I mean...why even game when your just going to cry about it the entire time?
  • ParagonT - August 11, 2012 4:01 p.m.

In a time of mass marketing and commercial media force feeding vague statements and "dreams/ideas" down the consumers throat, I don't really blame people from being skeptical all the time. The thing is that no company is going to work on a multi-million dollar project and tell you almost anything remotely bad about it until sales start to decline after release. If so, its far and way too few in-between. I do think some people go a bit far, I definitively agree, but I would rather see that than what I consider the less-cynical crowd to enforce consumer punishing practices on a whim because "it looks cool". Skeptics are one of the few things keeping companies on their toes to produce quality.
  • xIAMCHOCOLATEx - August 10, 2012 9:40 p.m.

I still don't like Dante's new look..
  • zombi3grim - August 11, 2012 7:25 a.m.

Get over it, this is what it is. Alternate universe. Alternate Dante. Period.
  • xIAMCHOCOLATEx - August 13, 2012 1:22 a.m.

Do you have anything better to do then sit there a be a complete dick to everybody?
  • HorriBliss - August 13, 2012 6:05 a.m.

I never used to like him, and still prefer the 'original' Dante, but hey, what can ya do. I'm NOT planning on buying this game anyway - nothing related to how I feel about Dante, it's just the hack 'n' slash genre is a bit dead to me!
  • ParagonT - August 11, 2012 9:07 a.m.

The first basic element of a great story is a likable character, so if there is some reason you don't like the character that's perfectly fine and not a failing on your part. Unless your just being snide, but if you have legitimate reasons, that's cool too.