It's no small secret that Disgaea, and all games like it, is a bottomless pit of customization. If you haven't hopped into the tactical RPG river yet, all these details probably seem way too daunting to mess with. Well, no matter how deep a given battle may be, they all boil down to the most basic concept - placement of your units.
- Monsters can be recruited into your army once you beat them
- This is your spawning point. All your troops have to enter the battlefield through here
- Thieves can steal items from other creatures, but need to get in and out in a hurry
- Likewise, just because an enemy's out of sight doesn't mean it can't quickly move in
- The red squares indicate a unit's movement range - choose wisely
- Warriors can act like tanks, soaking up and dishing out major damage
- Equip healers with far-reaching weapons so they can stay out of the main skirmish