Topics

Dead Space

We Recommend

• Braken67 - May 8, 2012 3:49 p.m.

I think it would be awesome if he had a double personality or something like that( I'm thinking two-face from arkham city in the initial scene where he ends up saying "screw justice", something like that +or-). Imagine Issac so insane and crazy that he takes a javeline with his hands and stabs a necromorph until it's dead, killng necromorphs and realizing that they were people, leaving the gun aside and try to rip a necro's limbs off with this hands and more stuff you wouldn't dare do haha. co-op is a no go and I don't think multiplayer would be good in these types of games and make less necromorphs appear to build up tension and let the mind do the scaring part. have different necromorphs appear from the start, necromorphs that you dont know how to kill or maybe one that only needs specific limbs to be dismembered ( kind of like regenerators from Resident Evil 4). let me be able to customize issac's suit as I see fit and to go with my play style and have less stupid looking suits. I think it would be awesome if I could choose color and size and parts of the suit. paint some flames in maybe? xD. have an open world and have a balance between being inside with creepyness and tight corridors and an open field more focused on action. let me take advantage and destroy the environment. have necromorphs sneak or do wierd stuff. I think this would make a perfect Dead Space game.
  • Person5 - May 8, 2012 7:09 p.m.

or instead of something like two face it could be like Deadly Premonition, where Isaac just starts talking to his second personality which is really just the player! There was a lot of joking in there, don't worry
  • shneepsh - May 8, 2012 4:23 p.m.

Really great ideas, I hope most of them end up being in the game. I wonder if Ellie is going to return from the second game. I really hope she does, because I really liked her character and I felt like Isaac's storyline with Nicole had good closure and shouldn't come back. If Isaac ends up being as crazy as people are saying he'll be, then having a friendly, familiar face who slowly starts to become evil or something would be interesting, because we wouldn't know if it's her changing or just Isaac projecting his craziness onto her. And it'll raise the stakes not to have a new disposable cast every game, but someone you've invested so much time into keeping alive.
  • ZhugeLiang - May 8, 2012 4:52 p.m.

Could they turn the music down in Dead Space 3, maybe? The only thing I remember from playing Dead Space 1 and 2 was going deaf everytime an enemy appeared
  • Z-man427 - May 8, 2012 5:01 p.m.

I'm all for the scares, but (I don't know how feasible this would be) on replays or retreads after deaths, the scares are kind of predictable. If it were possible to have the necromorphs and all that to jump out at different places on multiple playthroughs, that would add a lot to it. If you're replaying the game and you're braced for a necromorph or a tenticle to come out and it doesn't you let your guard down a little bit. Just after that would be when it hits you. Or it happens before you start to prepare for it. I don't mean totally random. I just mean that instead of the scares happening at a certain point, they could happen anywhere within a larger predetermined area. Does that sound good or completely stupid?
  • ThundaGawd - May 8, 2012 5:25 p.m.

It sounds awesome to me O.o. The "Lost in Nightmares" DLC for Resident Evil 5 had the enemies spawn in randomized areas, much like what you're explaining. It wasn't completely random, it just had a LOT of areas it could happen in, and every playthrough had the enemies spawn in a different pattern, so you could never really prepare yourself until maybe the 3rd-ish playthrough, it also managed to make the fairly action-oriented RE5 actually scary the first couple of times. So if they could improve on that and integrate it into Dead Space 3, it would be absolutely awesome :D
  • forestfire55 - May 8, 2012 6:19 p.m.

Random encounters sound nice, after a while youget an idea where the necros are, more mystery too, maby a couple missions where you (and isac) dont exactly know whats going on or what to do...
  • winner2 - May 8, 2012 6:33 p.m.

I feel a little out of the loop now, since I never got past the 3rd "level" or so in the first game, and never bought the second one. I admit it, the first Dead Space scared me too badly to keep playing it.
  • NanoElite666 - May 8, 2012 10:55 p.m.

Take it to Earth. Unleash a necromorph outbreak and make an absolute mess out of our home planet. And then we have to go and dismember the living shit out of several billion people. Also, give us another person or two getting turned into necromorphs while they're no more than six inches from our faces. That scene right at the beginning of Dead Space 2 was wonderfully done.
  • bass88 - May 9, 2012 2:36 a.m.

I really wish they would explore the concept and origins of the Marker a bit more. Dead Space has one of the best hard sci-fi setups in years and Visceral don't seem that interested in it. Seriously, what made the Marker and why? It's a blueprint for evolution so whatever made it is responsible for us. Did it make us first and then unleash a second Marker to create the ultimate weapon? Or did we accidently stumble upon it and bring it on ourselves? Are the creators of the Marker benevolent or corrupted by their own power? Are we another attempt at creating a perfect specimen that failed so they unleashed the Marker to destroy us? Are they planning an invasion and the Marker is designed to wipe us out? Or are so beneath them that we are mere lab mice? That's a load of goodness to explore but the games are more interested in "Bang, bang! Pew, pew!" than following up these questions (ok, Dead Space: Extraction made a bit more effort). I'm not bashing the games - they are great fun. I just think if they dropped a lot of the action in favour of exploration (i.e. along the lines on Metroid Prime) we could end up the one of the greatest, harrowing sci-fi horror to grace the medium.
  • jiodjflak - May 9, 2012 4:31 a.m.

Those zero-g parts were pretty cool, but I thought they were a bit clumsy at times. I wouldn't want to have to fight with the controls in the middle of a boss fight. I don't think zero-g sequences would make too much sense when the game takes place on a planet anyway.
  • gilgamesh310 - May 11, 2012 3:18 a.m.

I really don't get the point in these what we want lists. GR just end up constantly humiliating themselves when the content inevitably turns out different to 'what they want'. The funniest had to be the what we want from God of War 4, when what GoW Ascension actually contained was released a day after they made the list.
  • familiarrealms - May 11, 2012 4:42 a.m.

Nothing scarier than necromorphs with regenrating limbs.
  • metalgatesolid - May 12, 2012 3:17 p.m.

Id love to think that all of this is in Isaac's head. Dead Space Extraction refferenced this with the first level so to think that we have been taking out cilivians/security that Isaac's warpped mind has turned into aliens would be a great retropsective angle
  • Clovin64 - May 13, 2012 1:55 p.m.

As a massive fan of Silent Hill 2 (and psychological horror in general), I'd personally love to see Dead Space 3 really delve into Issac's crazy mind. Turns out Issac actually smothered himself with a pillow.