We Recommend

• Turtman - November 16, 2012 3:12 a.m.

I want to know how many of those 360 sales are Red Ring of Death replacements.
  • SpiritTemple - November 16, 2012 3:13 a.m.

Me too.
  • MadMan - November 16, 2012 6:25 a.m.

Better question is, Who gives a fuck?
  • ultimatepunchrod - November 16, 2012 8:35 a.m.

Fanboy trolling aside, I think it's a valid question. I don't think the majority of Xboxes sold were red rings, but it would be interesting to know how much of the figure was made up of people wanting to replace their broken consoles. This goes for the PS3 as well. I bought 2 used PS3s and I had to replace both of them. This is good news for Sony on the whole. With all the doom and gloom surrounding SCE these days, it's good to hear that something is going their way.
  • Gex4212 - November 16, 2012 9:17 a.m.

Used console and game sales do not add to sales for companies besides to the company selling them so you're purchases did not count at all.
  • ultimatepunchrod - November 18, 2012 9:01 p.m.

That's not really what I meant. I was just saying that the Xbox is not alone in console failures even though MS's was the most publicized and widespread.
  • bass88 - November 17, 2012 8:29 a.m.

Were not most of those Red Ringed consoles replaced out of warrenty?
  • Tjwoods18 - November 16, 2012 11:30 a.m.

How many iterations of the 360 were introduced? Premium xbox 260 Core xbox 360 Elite xbox 360 Arcade xbox 360 360 slim 360 Shiny slim its no question why the 360 has sold that many units, because the introduction of slighly better version makes those flock to buy another system. Microsoft and Sony are riddeled in this behavior, lesser so than Apple, but more than nintendo.
  • MolokoVeck - November 16, 2012 11:59 a.m.

"PlayStation Vita sales figures aren’t mentioned" ... HA
  • winner2 - November 16, 2012 7:45 p.m.

I'm thinking I'll ask for a vita liberation bundle for Christmas and get gravity rush. I think the vita has serious potential, great games will come in time. And I'd be really surprised if they didnt put a new monster hunter on it at some point. As for the ps3, I've had one since MGS4 came out...because I begged my parents for the bundle, just for that one game. And it did not disappoint.
  • archnite - November 16, 2012 7:58 p.m.

No MGS4 does not. And If I may say Gravity Rush is also quite good.
  • bass88 - November 17, 2012 8:32 a.m.

I think Nintendo made some exclusive deal with Capcom over Monster Hunter. Although, it wouldn't be the first time if Capcom just so happened to forget about that deal.
  • winner2 - November 17, 2012 10:17 a.m.

Well here's hoping they get amnesia about it. Also, isn't that tie to nintendo part of the reason there have been such pains in getting the games released in the west? If it was on 360 maybe everyone with live would play it, and maybe close to the same number if it was on ps3. I'm just tired of one of my favorite games of all time being so restricted.