• ChiChiRocket - November 10, 2012 8:16 p.m.

I think the lesson here is that it is incredibly hard to put a good fighter on a handheld system.
  • christian-shaffer - November 10, 2012 10:40 p.m.

Even though most of these games were crap, you made me really miss my old Gameboys. Especially Lion King. The rage induced from that was tremendous and beating it is still one of my most proud accomplishments of gaming almost 20 years later.
  • tehtimeisnow - November 11, 2012 1:06 a.m.

best hanheld gane of all time is angrey birds and if u not argree with this then ur stuped
  • matthew-rehlinger - November 14, 2012 4:38 a.m.

DAT ARE KOOL GAME OF ALL TIM!!!11!1!
  • fattoler - November 11, 2012 4:44 a.m.

Ok, how do you play a twin stick shooter like Total Carnage on the Game Boy? Somehow I don't feel that question was asked at the meeting...
  • FAT47ITY - November 12, 2012 12:23 p.m.

One handheld game that truly pissed me off was Tom Clancey's Endwar for the PSP. While Endwar on consoles was a pretty-visualed RTS game, with a unique voice recognition system, Endwar on the PSP was an ugly, 16-bit turn-based hexagon-gridded strategy. Itwas a complete mess, no matter how one looked at it. The graphics alone belonged on the GBA. Don't get me wrong, the PSP has had good 16-bit games, like the Anniversary Addition of FFII, but this was simply hideous. The gameplay itself was possibly realistic, but frustrating and incomprehensive. Why do my troops only move AFTER my enemy's turn? The gameplay curve was attrocious. The first two missions are fine, teaching you the finer points of its' flawed combat, but the third mission completely threw the book at you! Worst of all, though, was the complete lack of any relation it had to the console version of Endwar. Instead of the innovative, exciting experience that Endwar was, PSP gamers were left with a terrible, half-baked and hideous TBS of a port.
  • Timnoldzim - November 13, 2012 4:11 p.m.

Oh, man, if you thought Gaiden is bad, take a spin through the cancelled GBC port of the original Resident Evil. It uses the pre-rendered backgrounds and tank controls! On a handheld!!!
  • epicdominican91 - November 17, 2012 8:55 a.m.

I'm actually quiet shocked that no one has mentioned Jet Set Radio/Jet Grind Radio for the gba. But then again, THQ's pathetic attempt at recreating the awesome gameplay of in-line skating and graffiti tagging, as well as them poorly capturing the incredible music and audio, is probably better left unnoticed.