• johnnyd2 - November 9, 2012 4:38 p.m.

what, no mention of the GBC port of DAIKATANA! though, the best part? it got reviewed better than the console/pc versions. epic fail there
  • wheresmymonkey - November 12, 2012 1:55 a.m.

oh wow. I didn't even know that existed. I have to play it. god knows why.
  • Imgema - November 9, 2012 5:12 p.m.

Sonic Genesis port for GBA was a slap in the face. Its as if they wanted to make the classic sonic remade with the same standards as the crappy modern Sonic games.
  • Lurkero - November 9, 2012 5:15 p.m.

There are so many more games than this to go on the list especially when you get to less popular handhelds.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - November 9, 2012 5:40 p.m.

enlighten me! (and I'm not saying that in a rude way)
  • masterjoe123 - November 9, 2012 6:32 p.m.

And not a single DS game.
  • J-Fid - November 9, 2012 8:41 p.m.

I don't know if the game was bad since I have never played it, but what about Street Fighter Alpha on the Game Boy? The sprites look extremely bad, and I can't imagine it was as good as either the arcade or console versions.
  • avery78 - November 9, 2012 9:15 p.m.

I had Killer Instinct on the Gameboy and it was bad to look at but fun to play for the time.
  • Cyberninja - November 9, 2012 9:23 p.m.

Ape Escape psp, whose bright idea was it to put the game that invented dual analogs on a one analog handheld.
  • garnsr - November 9, 2012 9:54 p.m.

The GBA is called 16 and 32 bit in this article. I believe it was like a SNES, which would make it 16-bitish.
  • Scoob - November 9, 2012 10:19 p.m.

The GBA is a 32 bit system.
  • Churchy99 - November 10, 2012 1:30 a.m.

What's even more horrible is that these games are willing to work with the power off! But seriously, Resi Gaiden was weird, especially considering that the cancelled GBC port of the original didn't look too bad (at least to me).
  • SanosukeEiji - November 10, 2012 3:47 a.m.

In my opinion, Dynasty Warriors GBA was really fun and awesome regardless of how far it is from its console version. Never did it feel like I was playing an inferior version of a game when I was playing it.
  • ericthesmith - November 10, 2012 5:58 a.m.

Wow, I remember that 0.0 review. For some reason the fact that a game could have absolutely no value really made an impression on 11-year-old me.
  • punishment - June 18, 2014 7:49 a.m.

I think I still have that magazine. Dan Hsu will always be remembered for that scathing review, and that no holds barred interview with Peter Moore.
  • Ariaka - November 10, 2012 9:32 a.m.

I'm old if I remember when GB games were still relevant. =P What I really liked about the GB was its limitations-- its weird to say it like that. But it forced designers to make some truly creative games, like Pokemon. As for games that shouldn't have suffered a handheld version? Kind of obtuse, but Sonic the Hedgehog GameGear. Even if just counting it as a Master System port, the smaller screen made it so you couldn't see a lot of enemies that were coming your way-- a big no no for a platformer.
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 10, 2012 12:34 p.m.

Resident Evil DS was great! Best version of the original(the remake is a whole other caliber of awesome!) there is... and yes Resident Evil may be better than RE 5 and 6 combined but it is close to being the best 3DS game of all time... I believe Zelda, MK7, Both Mario games and even the latest Professor Layton top it Lol I was really shocked to see Max Payne 2 on here, that game wows me to this day. The fact they made the game awesome on the GBA is astonishing to me. I'm surprised you didn't put Simpsons Road Rage GBA on here, I LOVED the console game but the GBA game was a joke Lol
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 10, 2012 12:36 p.m.

Woops I meant to put "and yes Resident Evil Revelations may be..."
  • AuthorityFigure - November 10, 2012 5:35 p.m.

Why pick on the GB and GBC so much? What about the ports on Game Gear and the other handhelds?